Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1794 Discussions

Using A770, a black screen appears during the game.

iQuan
Novice

Using A770, a black screen appears during the game. A forced restart (long press of the power button) is required to restore.

The running game is, Hogwarts Legacy

By the way, the attachment is my system diagnostic report

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having black screen issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
iQuan
Novice

Hi Andres P.,

• When did the issue start?It will only appear if you are playing a game. If I am watching a video or using Edge will not black screen.
  • Take screenshots of the game settings
  • It should be noted here that I am present in 2 games, Dota 2 and Hogwarts Legacy.

• Take a video of the issue
  • Suddenly black screen during the game.

• Where did the issue was bought? For example Steam, Epic, etc
  • Steam and Epic

0 Kudos
iQuan
Novice

Hi Andres P.,

I found another anomaly.

When I am running normally, I usually disablethe following settings.

• ArcControl > Setting > Notifications 
    • "Show app"  remider on startup
    • "Show overlay" remider on game start

When I get a black screen in a game, I usually force a reboot.

• The above settings will become enabled again
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

Thank you for your response, all the information provided has been really helpful. 

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
iQuan
Novice

Hi, Andres P. 

Thanks for your help.  

I will test it for a while before I know this issue is fixed.

Because this issue does not occur 100% of the time, it is somewhat random.

By the way, when this happens next time, is there any way I can find the log information in the first place?

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

Thank you for your answer, it has been very helpful.

I will wait for the results after these updates, please remember to keep me informed.

In case the issue persists, you can share the Event Viewer logs, it may have important information. Sometimes games have their own system to get logs, but in that case, you should contact the game developer to check if the game has that system.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
iQuan
Novice

Hi, Andres P. 

Using the latest driver will still cause black-screen issues
I found the error message from the Event viewer

1. 'IpICSHlpStopSharing' : '0x80070032'.
  2. 'IpICSHlpStopSharing' : '0x80070032'.
  3. A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event.
  4. The Temp_Monitor_Service service terminated with the following error:
    The specified module could not be found.
  5. Error setting traits on Provider {77811378-e885-4ac2-a580-bc86e4f1bc93}. Error: 0xC0000005
  6. Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0
  7. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
  8. The previous system shutdown at 22:02:06 on ‎2023/‎6/‎23 was unexpected.
  9. Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035
  10. Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022
  11. 'IpICSHlpStopSharing' : '0x80070032'.

The sort order is in reverse chronological order. This means that the larger the number, the first error occurs

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

Thank you for your response and for keeping us informed.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
iQuan
Novice

Hi, Andres P. 

• What is the power supply make and model?
  • CNS650M 

By the way, this other error logs.

1. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
  2. The previous system shutdown at 11:15:29 on ‎2023/‎6/‎24 was unexpected.
  3. A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the FDResPub service.
  4. A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NcdAutoSetup service.
  5. The program IGCC.exe version 1.100.4979.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
  6. The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).
  7. Disabled performance counter data collection from the "BITS" service because the performance counter library for that service has generated one or more errors. The errors that forced this action have been written to the application event log. Correct the errors before enabling the performance counters for this service.
  8. The Close procedure in Extensible Counter DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" for the "BITS" service generated exception The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s. at address 0x7ffe27a4233d. The performance data returned by the counter DLL will not be returned in the Perf Data Block.
  9. The program StartMenuExperienceHost.exe version 10.0.22621.1635 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
  10. Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

Thank you for your answer, and for completing the steps.

I will wait for you to do a clean installation of the driver version 31.0.101.4502 using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU).

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

Before we close this thread, we want to let you know something, after analyzing the SSU report you provided from your system I was able to identify a recurrent event prior to the system shutting down unexpectedly (presumably after you turn off the computer after the black screen) that indicates time-out events in {8CFC164F-4BE5-4FDD-94E9-E2AF73ED4A19} related to DCOM (Distributed Component Object Model) software failing to register itself in a reasonable period of time.

This usually indicates an issue with the operating system, thus it is possible for you to perform a clean OS installation?

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
iQuan
Novice

Hi, Andres P.

I'm very sorry that I couldn't reply to your message in a timely manner.

Due to my recent busy work.

I once suspected the problem was caused by a looseness in my memory sticks.
I have tried to reseat the memory sticks, and it did not show a black screen for a period of time. But then the black screen appeared again. So I don't know what the reason is.

Can you tell me more information about DCOM?
Because my system has just been reinstalled.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

DCOM is a programming construct that allows a computer to run programs over the network on a different computer as if the program was running locally. It is a proprietary Microsoft software component. For more information, you can access to this third-party website What is DCOM (Distributed Component Object Model)?.

• Just to make sure if the problem is the memory sticks can you test other ones?
  • Does the issue happen exclusively when playing Hogwarts Legacy?
  • Enable Intel Arc Control overlay when playing to check for GPU temperatures. Let me know what the temperatures are.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
iQuan
Novice

Hi Andres P. 

I just played again for 2 hours and there was no black screen.

• Just to make sure if the problem is the memory sticks can you test other ones?

No, I don't have any other memory sticks . I just reinstalled it

• Does the issue happen exclusively when playing Hogwarts Legacy?

Dota2 will also appear, but they are already playing Hogwarts Legacy

• Enable Intel Arc Control overlay when playing to check for GPU temperatures. Let me know what the temperatures are.

GPU temperature:75°C-90°C

CPU temperature:67°C

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

Thank you for your answer, and for keeping me informed.

Let's keep testing it for a couple of days, just to make sure it is working properly.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello iQuan,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
iQuan
Novice

Hello Andres P.

You can close this.

I have found the reason, it is because the temperature is too high, then black screen.

I have made the following test.

1. Turn off the air-conditioning and fan. After running the game for about 30 minutes, the screen will appear black;
  2. Turn on the air-conditioning, and the fan is facing the A770, running the game for 3 hours without a black screen;
  3. Remove A770, turn off air-conditioning and fans, and run the game for 3 hours without a black screen (core display, low frame rate)

Room temperature 30 °C。

0 Kudos