Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1966 Discussions

Windows BSOD using Facebook Reels

EndBase
New Contributor I

Hi,

Only with using facebook reels I get bsod's on my intel ARC A770 for the rest of my system I don't get bsod's

Any thought's on what the problem could be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EndBase
New Contributor I

I think disabling Hardware acceleration in firefox did do the trick watched this morning no GSOD yet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
EndBase
New Contributor I

I will attach my outcome of the SSU Utility

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello EndBase

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing BSODs when using Facebook reels on your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics. Please let us know the following information:

• Was Facebook reels working fine before? If yes, did the issue start after an update?
  • Are you using a web browser or the Facebook App? In case, that you are using a browser, does the issue happen in any browser?
  • Please share a screenshot or picture of the BSOD.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
EndBase
New Contributor I

Correction on the term BSOD I think it are GSOD fyi,

I think it start happening like a few drivers ago

I'm using a web browser mozilla firefox. I don't use other browsers.

I will post a screen shot if it happens again. I did use DDU yesterday and reinstalled the latest WHQL driver for now and I did not got any GSOD yet. But I did not used facebook reels much tbh yesterday.

Greetings,

Sebastiaan

0 Kudos
EndBase
New Contributor I

And it happened again attached is a screen shot.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello EndBase

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Please let's try the following:

• Delete cookies and cache from your browser.
  • Disable hardware acceleration from your browser
  • If the issue still persists, please uninstall the browser from your system and reinstall it.

If the issue still happens after the above steps, please test a different browser, like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

Best Regards,

Hugo O,

0 Kudos
EndBase
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

I don't want to use another browser tbh.

Delete cookies I will loose all my login's to my favourite website's.

Hardware acceleration I can disable to test.

Reinstall my browser I will see.

I rather would like that you guys could pin point the problem and offer me a constructive solution for Mozilla Firefox just my 2 cent's

Have a good day!

0 Kudos
EndBase
New Contributor I

I think disabling Hardware acceleration in firefox did do the trick watched this morning no GSOD yet

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello EndBase

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello EndBase

We want to let you know that we tried reproducing this issue using derived versions 31.0.101.4146 and 31.0.101.4148 on Mozilla Firefox and using Facebook Reels, however, we did not experience any Blue Screen of Death. We wanted to let you know that in case you want to use hardware acceleration and the issue continues to happen, please report the issue to Firefox, or in case you want us to continue looking into this you can share with us the dump files from Windows and Firefox after the BSOD happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
EndBase
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

Ty for the reply. I still have the hardware acceleration disabled in Firefox because I still was getting BSOD's but I did a in place upgrade of my windows 11 so I have to test it if it now is fixed I will let you know in time.

edit it seems to be fixed with the in place upgrade thx!

Greetings, 

Sebastiaan

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello EndBase

Thank you for letting us know. It is great that you can now use your browser and Facebook Reels even using hardware acceleration.

In this case, since the thread is now completely resolved, we will close it. We appreciate your input and feedback.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos