Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1966 Discussions

help with BSOD and other issue for my A770

louisfld
Beginner

i just received my card on Monday. I was testing the card on different games and as soon as I start up Plagues Tale: Requiem it crashes. I also blue screened while trying to start the game yesterday.  I have been having issues with other games freezing as soon as I try and start them. for example both fallout 3 and fallout New Vegas freeze when loading or starting a game from the main menu. Any tips on how I can fix these issues?

I have a CPU:13600k Mobo: rog strix z690 Ram: Corsair 2x16 5600

i have attached the dump files from the BSOD I have had. 

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics, I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue and try the following steps: 

1. Was it working before? 
  2. Does this issue happen in other Video cards? Can you test a third-party GPU? 
  3. Make sure to update your games to the latest game version. 
  4. For Fallout 3, try mod from the website NexusMods.com called "Intel HD graphics Bypass". 
  5. Please provide us with a screenshot of the BSOD you get when you start Plagues Tale: Requiem. 
  6. Perform a Clean installation of your Graphics drivers, using the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall the driver and then install the latest driver version (31.0.101.4369)

Note: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation and doing the clean installation process without internet connection. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
louisfld
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn!

1. I have not gotten it to work on this gpu yet.

2. I also have an Rtx 2060 that I used before my a770 and that card worked fine for this game.

3. All games are fully up to date.

4. I will test the mod out for the fallout games.

5. I haven’t had the game cause another bsod yet but the error I got was video_tdr_failure. The zip I included in my original post should be the mini dump from the bsod for this error.

6. I have done multiple installations including clean ones.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you for all the information provided. 

We understand that you have done Clean installations but, Have you tried the Clean installation of your Graphics process using the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall the driver already? 

If you have done it, please provide us with an Intel® SSU report to investigate this issue. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Also, please let us know the results after trying the mod for Fallout 3. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
louisfld
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn!

I just tried doing another clean install using DDU and I am still having the same issue with Plagues Tale: Requiem. I downloaded and installed the mod for Fallout 3 and I am having no luck. I know Fallout 3 is known to have issues and needs changes to be made to the ini. to run properly but I've never had it crash at starting a new game. I was able to get Fallout New Vegas to work though and it seems to be running fine.

I have attached the SSU report as requested.

Thanks, 

Louis

0 Kudos
Goldy
Novice

hello, same or similar problem

1. Windows 11 is freshly installed and all drivers are up to date
2. All games are up to date
3. After playing for example A Plague Tale Reqiem or The Last of Us Part 1 and then browsing in Chrome, the system crashes
4. I have attached the minidump and the SSU text.

Memtest without errors as well as Ram test with Karhu without errors
No change whether PBO on Auto or Off
PSU Bitfenix 850W 80+ Gold

0 Kudos
Sceve
Beginner

Hello, 

just had the same issue yesterday. I used to reinstall and made clean installation of the latest driver but this doesnt helped. Still got freezes.

So i reinstalled the only driver that worked for me so far over the last months 31.0.101.4255.

Thats the working one for me.

R 5 5600x

ddr4 3200mhz

B550 Aorus Elite V2

greetings

David

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you for the report provided. 

Let me investigate with other users this same issue as well, so we can get more information about your issue. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Goldy and @Sceve  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Are you having the same BSOD that @louisfld is having with Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Plagues Tale: Requiem? 

If you have freezes or a different issue/BSOD, please open a new thread for more personalized Troubleshooting and investigation if needed.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
louisfld
Beginner

New Vegas - Made with Clipchamp.mp4

The developer put out an update a couple days ago that fixed the crashing at start up on a Plagues Tale: Requiem. I am able to get all the way into the game and play without and major problems as far as I can tell. 

I linked a video of the issues I am having with Fallout New Vegas. The video unfortunately does not have audio as the sniping tool i used did not capture it.  When any cinematic starts the game freezes and then sometimes crashes about 20 to 30 seconds later. Other times it'll just stay on the frozen screen and i have to open up task manager and end the task. I had to cut out kill cinematics and that fixed one problem in the game. Other problems is if the game is loading files for the dlc and I try and enter or leave a building the game with freeze like in the video. Specifically in the video though I was trying to load a save file to see if I could recreate the game freezing when I entered the room and instead it froze in the pause menu. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you very much for the video provided. 

I will proceed to investigate this issue. As soon as I have updates or recommendations, I will let you know here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you for your time. 

We would like to replicate this issue, would you please provide us with the following information to do so? 

1. Game store (Steam, Epic, others...) 
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue. 
  3. Game settings used in the games, as we understand, the issue is still present in Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
louisfld
Beginner

Hello, Jocelyn!

Sorry I did not see the email saying that you responded.

1. I have both the Steam and Epic Game store versions.

2.  I am simply playing the game. At first it happened whenever loading a new area or interactions with certain characters. 

 3. These are the settings I use for both games as they both have the same settings options. I have also Changed the Ini. files based on community posts to stop the games from crashing. These had worked in the past when I was using my previous GPU but I never had the issues/constant crashing I am having now. 

New Vegas Settings.png

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you very much for the information provided. 

I will proceed to replicate the issue. As soon as I have any updates, I will let you know in this thread. 

Thank you for your time in advance. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you for your time. 

For Fallout New Vegas, a fix for this issue is included in Intel Graphics Driver version 31.0.101.4335 and newer. Have you tried the latest beta driver 31.0.101.4382

As we understand, Fallout 3 crashes while clicking continue or loading the game, this appears to be an application bug. Please contact the game developers to report the issue, if that's the case.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
louisfld
Beginner

I am using the current beta driver(.4382) and when I received the A770 I was using the .4369 driver so I should have had the fix already. 

I am not experiencing any crashes when clicking loading or continue it is just when actually playing the game. Like in the video I am able to successfully load a game but at certain points the game freezes like the video i shared or it just crashes to desktop.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you for your reply and the information provided. 

So, as we understand, the latest beta driver 31.0.101.4382 didn't work either in Fallout New Vegas, is that correct? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
louisfld
Beginner

Hi, Jocelyn!

Yes, that is correct. I have not been able to get it to work on any of the drivers I have tried so far.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you for your confirmation. 

Let us replicate this issue to investigate further. As soon as I have updates, I will let you know. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @louisfld  

Thank you for your time. 

We couldn't reproduce the issue with Fallout New Vegas, we suggest that this issue is not related to the Graphics driver, hence we recommend checking with the game developer for additional support.  

Regarding Fallout 3, we were able to reproduce it and it's a known issue, we are working to fix it as soon as we can in future driver releases. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos