Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel AMT DTK: KVM over IP

Trevor_Sullivan
Beginner
Hello,

At Intel Developer Forum (IDF) 2009, I had the pleasure of seeing a demonstration of KVM over IP functionality in the vPro 6.0 platform. I was given the impression, from a couple sources, that the KVM over IP client software being used in the demo, was part of an upcoming release of the Intel AMT Developer Toolkit.

Does anyone have info on when we can expect to see this made publicly available?

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan
Systems Engineer
OfficeMax Corporation
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kathy_F_Intel
Employee
Trevor - did you see that as a demo on a machine or was it a video?

Thanks

(I'm sure you will shortly have an answer to your question :-)
0 Kudos
Trevor_Sullivan
Beginner
Trevor - did you see that as a demo on a machine or was it a video?

Thanks

(I'm sure you will shortly have an answer to your question :-)

Kathy,

It was a live demonstration on a computer there, not a pre-recorded video. I was thoroughly impressed with it.

Trevor Sullivan
Systems Engineer
OfficeMax Corporation
0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
The client is just a standard VNC client.

0 Kudos
Kathy_F_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Trevor Sullivan

Kathy,

It was a live demonstration on a computer there, not a pre-recorded video. I was thoroughly impressed with it.

Trevor Sullivan
Systems Engineer
OfficeMax Corporation

Thank you Trevor,

I was hoping you would say that. Do you have the name of the person who showed it - I will ask team members here - seems to me like this should be captured and posted on our site. We should give the world an opportunity to be as impressed as you were!
0 Kudos
Trevor_Sullivan
Beginner

Thank you Trevor,

I was hoping you would say that. Do you have the name of the person who showed it - I will ask team members here - seems to me like this should be captured and posted on our site. We should give the world an opportunity to be as impressed as you were!

Kathy,

I agree! :)

I don't know exactly who it was, but it was someone working in the Mobility Zone on the IDF Showcasefloor.

Trevor Sullivan
Systems Engineer
OfficeMax Corporation
0 Kudos
Trevor_Sullivan
Beginner
Quoting - rogerb
The client is just a standard VNC client.

Really? How is authentication via Kerberos handled then?

Trevor Sullivan
Systems Engineer
OfficeMax Corporation
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - Trevor Sullivan

Really? How is authentication via Kerberos handled then?

Trevor Sullivan
Systems Engineer
OfficeMax Corporation

Hi Trevor - we are planning on putting more information about KVM on the Community soon. It is a new feature coming out in AMT 6.0. Stay tuned for more information!

Gael
0 Kudos
Trevor_Sullivan
Beginner

Hi Trevor - we are planning on putting more information about KVM on the Community soon. It is a new feature coming out in AMT 6.0. Stay tuned for more information!

Gael

Hi Gael :)

I guess I was a little more interested in seeing not just KVM support, but an overall update to the Intel AMT DTK as well, including KVMoIP, support for Windows 7 (as previously discussed), bug fixes, and so on. Is this in the works?

Trevor Sullivan
Systems Engineer
OfficeMax Corporation
0 Kudos