Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Android device reboots on crash on Android 5.1.1

Piet_P_
Beginner

Dear developers,

While developing and testing the WebRTC platform, there are two devices that crash that causes a reboot of which I have tested. Of all devices that I tested with, only Android devices that run Android 5.1.1 seem to crash. These devices are the Samsung Xcover 3 and the Samsung Tab Pro 12.2. Other versions ranging from 4.1.2 to 7.1.1 do not have this issue.

Will you be able to provide a fix for this version of Android?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
He_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Piet, thanks for reporting this issue.

Do you have any logs or any exception information that could help us rooting the cause?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Piet_P_
Beginner

Hello Hank,

I have tried a few times more to retrieve a crashlog and the last thing the device almost always logs is:

D/WooGeen-PeerConnectionChannel: onIceConnectionChange:CONNECTED
D/WooGeen-ConferencePeerConnectionChannel: Change State=CONNECTED
D/WooGeen-PeerConnectionChannel: onIceConnectionChange:COMPLETED

One of the two devices crashes immediately after opening the video chat and the other always crashes when a third stream is added to the room. Unfortunately I think I am unable to provide more information.

0 Kudos
He_Z_Intel
Employee

We are also trying to reproduce this issue on 5.1.1.

Currently Nexus 5 (Android 5.1.1) works fine.

Without logs and any information, i'm afraid that we couldn't be able to fix it soon,

but we will still keep checking on other devices.

Is it possible to update your devices that encountered this issue to another Android version to see if it would happen then?

0 Kudos
Piet_P_
Beginner

Both devices are up to date(no new Android versions and latest available patches installed). Considering that both devices are from Samsung, maybe it is a Samsung skin(TouchWiz) related issue? All other test devices that I have available to me are either older or newer, so I am unable to test for other manufactures with Android 5.1.1.

0 Kudos