Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STay0
Beginner

Alternative to sleep function since no hdmi-cec support for stick

Desperately need to power on the compute stick remotely as my compute stick is behind my wall mounted TV. Tried Windows' sleep function but it sometimes turn off completely. Will really appreciate if Intel will bring hdmi-cec to compute stick. Appreciate in advance your kind enlightening input.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello STay0,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Please provide me with the complete model of Intel ® Compute Stick so I can assist you further with this and so this way I can look to see if there is any possibility of setting up the unit the way you want. If not, I can provide the feedback and forward it to the appropriate department. 

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Set both Monitor Sleep and Windows Sleep to Never. This is default in O/S images shipped with the Compute Sticks.

...S

STay0
Beginner

Hi David and Scott

Appreciate your respond.

My Intel® Compute Stick model is STK2M3W64CC, M3 processor with Windows 10 operating system pre-installed. I configured the OS to sleep in 3 minutes then switch off my TV and and mouse. I was mostly able to wake up the TV each time i turned on the TV and the mouse, however, sometimes it does't works as the stick appeared to turned off completely and i need to access from the back of the TV to physically boot up the OS. It also didn't help the stick's power switch is almost flushed with the unit. Apart from this issue, i thought the stick is a technical marvel by the bright young men/women of Intel®. I also searched the Intel® communities and learnt that Intel Compute Card has the hdmi-cec function in the bios and hoped that it will be implemented for compute stick if it is not too troublesome.

Regards,

Steve Tay

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello STay0,

Thank you for your response.

I have forwarded the feedback of HDMI CEC to our developer theme. I cannot gurantee it will be implemented; nevertheless, it will be reviewed and taken into consideration. As for options to turn on the Intel ® Compute Stick without the need of pressing the power button, I am currently looking into options for this.

Please allow me some time and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

David V

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello STay0,

Thank you for patiently waiting. 

I would like to know if you have tried to set the BIOS settings to default as well as checking in the power settings to make sure the option to "hibernate" is not selected. 

Please let know.

David V

STay0
Beginner

Hi David,

Went through the BIOS, there is no hibernation options or anythings interfering with the sleep function. I also did not bring up the hibernation option under Windows 10 although it is available under the power options.

Anyway, the sleep function works 70% of the time as intended, having HDMI-​cec would have brought the desired outcome to 100%. Appreciate your time and concerns

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello STay0,

Thank you for your response.

I understand, in this case I have forwarded the CEC feedback you have provided to the appropriate department for further review. While I cannot guarantee it will be implemented I can tell you that it will be taken into consideration.

Thank you for letting me help.

David V