cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Compute Stick 1280x768 maintain aspect ratio

Hi!

I've got an Intel Compute Stick running at 1280x768 via HDMI. However I can't find the "maintain aspect ratio" in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel at the current resolution. I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers (15.33.35.4176) and it still doesn't show. The monitors native resolution is 1920x1080 but the application I'm running on the stick requires 1280x768 to maintain aspect ratio. If I choose other resolutions I can choose "maintain aspect ratio" in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (ctrl+alt+f11).

What does Intel have to say about this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi kevvs,

I would need more information in order to provide further assistance:

Please copy-paste or attach the Graphics report generated within the Intel Graphics Control Panel.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm

Also, the DirectX* diagnostic report: click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the Open box, and then click OK.

Hans.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here is it:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same issue. Why does 1024x768 have the ability to maintain aspect ratio, while other resolutions do not?

I went through all the available resolutions, and only 1024x768 and 1920x1080 (native) can maintain aspect ratios.

I bought the $149 compute stick today at Fry's Electronics (2GB RAM/32 GB storage), and I've fully updated Windows, the compute stick BIOS & firmware, and I've installed the latest driver package, including the 7/1/2015 graphics driver.

Please have one of the lower resolution 16:9 aspect ratios support maintain aspect ratio. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Beginner

I've attached my system reports.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi ryanzb111,

Thank you for the reports I'll send this over to the engineers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi hansb_intel, thanks for replying.

I did some more driver and firmware updates yesterday, and now I see that 1280x720 supports the 'maintain aspect ratio' setting. That's progress!

However, Windows 8's Metro apps require a minimum of 768 pixels high in order to run. That means I can't use my Metro apps anymore.

That's definitely not good-- if I want to use Metro apps, then I have to switch back to 1024x768. That's more of a workaround rather than a solution.

What would really make me happy is if 1366x768 supported 'maintain aspect ratio'--

That way, I can run Windows in widescreen with no black bars on the side, AND use Metro apps.

That would make me a happy camper. I'm glad I got the compute stick-- it's a nifty little device.

I'm not done running benchmarks on it, but so far, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Thank you,

-Ron

0 Kudos