Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Can't connect

rfa_rodrigo
Novice

Hi!

When I try to access using ssh devcloud, nothing happens.  I also tried to set up my devcloud again but you are asking me for new enrollment, when I insert my information and forward it, you say I already have an account.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Arthur5
Beginner

I'm exactly in the same situation

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Forum.

We are working on this. We will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Your account has been deactivated due to Intel oneAPI DevCloud policy violation.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
rfa_rodrigo
Novice

Can you say specifically what point I violated?

Not long ago I used more than one account, which was canceled and I was instructed to continue using this account, which would not be canceled.

Now you say the account has been cancelled. There is a huge mismatch of information between the employees' guidelines. It's unfair. However, I read the terms and nothing was expressed about having more than one account.

In short, you told me to continue using an account that was canceled. Very kind.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Here are the Terms and Conditions for DevCloud usage that all users accept before accessing the DevCloud. After accepting the Ts&Cs , if the users violate then Intel has the right to deactivate their account. 

Prohibited Use:

1)You must not use the Cloud to engage in any illegal, unethical or malicious activity. Prohibited usage includes, but is not limited to, the sending of unsolicited bulk email (spamming); exploiting the cloud resources for cyber-attacks on our and third-party computer systems; traffic snooping; exploring or exploiting vulnerabilities in Cloud software.

2)We specifically prohibit the following activities in the Cloud:

• cryptocurrency mining

• “scraping” (automated download of information from public resources)

• storing and processing of any materials (video, images, datasets, software, and others) in violation of the copyright law or licensing rules for these materials.

In addition to the above, we may treat as prohibited activity any usage of Cloud resources for purposes not related to the business project through which you received access to the Cloud.

Termination of Access

3)We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Cloud at any time if we detect malicious or prohibited activity, observe signs that you are preparing for such activity, or for any other reason.

We are closing this case and this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
rfa_rodrigo
Novice

You just showed how intel moves these decisions subjectively. At no time were the terms violated and this is easily proved by your inability to say what I did. I'm a phd student and I run physical simulations, that's all.

0 Kudos