Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1709 Discussions

Error on devcloud fpga_compile nodes

filipeborralho
New Contributor I

Good morning,

Since yesterday whenever I try to compile for FPGA hardware I get an error related to Quartus. I have tried to generate a report and emulate the design and all that works fine. However when I do the hardware compilation I get this error:

$ dpcpp -fintelfpga -Xshardware -Xsboard=/opt/intel/oneapi/intel_a10gx_pac:pac_a10 -Xsread-only-cache-size=2048 *.cpp
aoc: This compilation stage requires an installation of Intel(R) Quartus(R) Prime software!
aoc: However Quartus was not found on the PATH or passed in using QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE.
aoc: If you have a valid installation, please pass it in using QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE or add it to the PATH.
aoc: Otherwise, consider downloading Quartus from here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/661712/intel-quartus-prime-pro-edition-design-software-version-19-2-for-linux.html
llvm-foreach: 
dpcpp: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I checked Quartus installation and it seems to be installed in /opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/19.2/quartus so I tried adding it to the PATH but it also didn't work. It generates a report and then says the hardware generation failed.

Is there anything I should do to fix this?

1 Solution
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi All,

Please try the following workaround:

$ QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE=/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/19.2/quartus <make_or_cmake_command>

The idea is to set the environment variable manually.

For future reference, the QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE env var should not be empty and should point to the latest installation of Quartus.

$ echo $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE
/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/19.2/quartus

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This helps others with similar issue.

Regards,

Alekhya

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Mdcc_UVa
New Contributor I

Check out the answer I wrote on another recent post: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Quartus-not-install-on-fpga-compile-nodes/m-p/1430568#M6592
It seems to me your problem is the same. Hope it helps.

filipeborralho
New Contributor I

Thank you very much for your help, I'll keep following the other post for more updates.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are working on this internally, we will get back to you soon with an update.

Regards,

Alekhya

AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi All,

Please try the following workaround:

$ QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE=/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/19.2/quartus <make_or_cmake_command>

The idea is to set the environment variable manually.

For future reference, the QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE env var should not be empty and should point to the latest installation of Quartus.

$ echo $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE
/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/19.2/quartus

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This helps others with similar issue.

Regards,

Alekhya

AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi @filipeborralho ,

We could see that you've kudoed the above solution. Did our solution provided help? If this helps, please accept this as a solution. This might help others with similar issue. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Alekhya

AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know your issue is resolved. Thank you for accepting our solution. If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos