Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.
423 Discussions

Conda Error: An error occurred while uninstalling package

pal__Ashwini1
Beginner

I'm facing below error while running any command like install, update, uninstall

ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(700): An error occurred while uninstalling package '<unknown>::zeromq-4.2.3-2'.
Rolling back transaction: done

ValueError('Attempted to make prefix record for unknown package type: zeromq-4.2.3-2',)
()

Details about the environment:

python version: intelpython3

It will be really helpful if someone can guide me on this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JEYANTHKRI_N_Intel

Hi ,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please provide the steps that you have performed for installing zeromg.

We are able to install zeromg without any errors using the below steps,

conda create -n env-name 

conda install -c anaconda zeromq

0 Kudos
pal__Ashwini1
Beginner

Do I have to specifically create a new environment for installing zeromq or any other package?

The problem arises if I try to run commands like "conda update --all" or "conda install any_package". I don't remember installing zeromq, conda must have installed it as a dependency to some other package.

0 Kudos
JEYANTHKRI_N_Intel

Hi,

We are unable to create your issue from our end. To install packages, creating a new conda environment is recommended.

Could you please try reinstalling the conda environment and try the commands again.

Are you able to create a new conda environment without any errors?

Also are you getting the above mentioned error for the two commands only?

0 Kudos
pal__Ashwini1
Beginner

I used pip to install some packages. After going through this article[https://www.anaconda.com/using-pip-in-a-conda-environment/]I've reinstalled the anaconda whole package. I would like to close this issue. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Athira_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your confirmation. We are closing this case.

0 Kudos