Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Error in running the OpenVino Image Classification Sample

Tithi
Beginner

Hello!

This is in response to my previous question on the same code. On running the code in the command prompt, I am getting a new error which I am attaching here as a screenshot. Kindly help:

Capture.PNG

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tithi
Beginner

@Hairul_Intel could you please help!

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi Tithi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I've encountered the same error message when providing incorrect path or missing image for the "-i" command when running the sample. Here is the error message:

cverror.png

Please provide the correct path for your image and ensure it is available in your directory. Here is my sample directory and the result for running the sample with the image:

directory.png

result.png

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Tithi
Beginner

Hello Hairul!

I have the image in the same directory itself, but I am still getting the same error. Here is the a snapshot of the directory.Capture.PNG

Regards,

Tithi

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi Tithi,

From my end, I was able to replicate this issue by using an empty image as an input and received the following errors:

emptyjpg.png

On another note, you can verify whether OpenCV was able to read your image by accessing the image properties. To print the image properties, run the following command in a Python shell:

import cv2

image = cv2.imread("banana.jpg")

print(image.shape)

Here is the result of a valid image:

imageshape.png

I'd suggest you to have a try using different test images from the media files collection available at

https://storage.openvinotoolkit.org/data/test_data/images/

Additionally, please do share your image files with us for further investigation regarding this issue.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi Tithi,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos