Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Failed to initialize Inference Engine backend: Unsupported primitive of type: PriorBoxClustered

AI_Next
Beginner

Hi

I am trying to test the Intel Model "person-vehicle-bike-detection-crossroad-0078" using OpenCV. The model is loaded successfully with cv::dnn::readNetFromModelOptimizer. However, I have an error message complaining about "PriorBoxClustered" when I try to forward the result using "predictObjects". it seems that this type is not supported but appears in the list of supported layers: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_IE_DG_supported_plugins_Supported_Devices.html

The full error message is the following:

OpenCV: terminate handler is called! The last OpenCV error is:
OpenCV(4.1.0-openvino) Error: Assertion failed (Failed to initialize Inference Engine backend: Unsupported primitive of type: PriorBoxClustered name: x08_priorbox) in cv::dnn::InfEngineBackendNet::initPlugin, file C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\build\opencv\modules\dnn\src\op_inf_engine.cpp, line 747

How this issue could be solved?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AI_Next
Beginner

It has been fixed just by renaming cpu_extension_avx2.dll on cpu_extension.dll

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear AI Next,

Thanks for reporting back regarding your fix. It helps the community to see how people solved their issues.

And thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Kesavaram__Jaiganesh

Hi,

I am also getting the same error when testing face recognition with OpenCV and Openface model.

cv2.error: OpenCV(4.1.0-openvino) /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/dnn/src/op_inf_engine.cpp:747: error: (-215:Assertion failed) Failed to initialize Inference Engine backend: Can not init USB device: NC_ERROR in function 'initPlugin'

May i know how to fix this issue for Ubuntu env?

0 Kudos
liang__heng
Beginner

Shubha R. (Intel) wrote:

Dear AI Next,

Thanks for reporting back regarding your fix. It helps the community to see how people solved their issues.

And thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

HI,can you tell us why the "cpu_extension_avx2.dll"  need to be renamed by "cpu_extension.dll"

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear liang, heng,

I still see it named as cpu_extension_avx2.dll in OpenVino 2019R2.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos