Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Installation problem

gb8
New Contributor I

I am trying to change test env. from Windows to Linux(wsl2, Ubuntu 20.04).

In download page,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/openvino-toolkit/download.html

Selection : Dev Tools, Linux, 2022.1 Offline Installer
Then click Download button.

--> No downloads. it was successful sometime before...

Thanks.

gb8

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hairul_Intel

Hi gb8,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please note that as of OpenVINO 2022.1 release, the OpenVINO Development Tools can only be installed via PyPI.

See Install OpenVINO™ Development Tools for a comprehensive installation guide.

If you're developing in Python, follow these steps under For Python Developer section.

For developing in C++, follow the For C++ Developer section. Please note the following when installing for C++ development:

• You must install OpenVINO Runtime through an installer first (Linux, Windows, or macOS).
  • Ensure both versions of OpenVINO Runtime and OpenVINO Development tools are the same.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
gb8
New Contributor I

OK. I see.

Problem was I bookmarked the following page for later installation.

(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/openvino-toolkit/download.html)

So it need be removed, redirected, or etc.

Thanks.

Gb8

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi gb8,

From the link you provided, the installation for OpenVINO 2022.1 Dev Tools is already using PyPI installation as shown below:

devtools.png

Run the following command in your terminal to install OpenVINO Dev Tools using PyPI:

pip install openvino-dev==2022.1.0

Follow the guide on how to Install OpenVINO™ Development Tools for a detailed step-by-step tutorial.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi gb8,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos