Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Raspberry Pi Installation Fails on Line 554

idata
Employee

Getting the following error when I "make install " on NCSDK 1.12 and a Raspberry Pi 0 W with Stretch-lite Debian 9.4 running on ARMv6-compatible processor.

I'm trying to build the security-cam with an octocam kit as described in Ashwin's recent webinar.

"cp: cannot stat '/opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-armv6l/tk': No such file or directory

Installation failed. Error on line 554"

Also got some connection fails that may be contributing- (lots more missing, same service, didn't paste all of them.

E: Failed to fetch http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/pool/main/libu/libuv1/libuv1_1.18.0-3~bpo9+1_armhf.deb 503 Service Unavailable [IP: 93.93.135.188 80]

I reflashed the ssd 2 times and got the same error.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

@rfranks263, I am guessing you are following the instructions on https://movidius.github.io/blog/ncs-apps-on-rpi/ to install NCSDK API framework (not the full installation) on your Pi Zero. I recommend this method of installation due to the Pi Zero's CPU and memory resource constraints. If you are still getting the cp: cannot stat '/opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-armv6l/tk' error, try manually creating an empty /opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-armv6l folder, and then run sudo make install.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'll give it a shot, thanks Ashwin.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Almost got it working! I'm able to make it work if I comment out lines 136 and 137 in security-picam.py , I just don't see a live image on my monitor. This is the error I get

"pi@raspberrypi3:~/workspace/ncappzoo/apps/security-cam $ python3 security-picam.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "security-picam.py", line 213, in

main()

File "security-picam.py", line 159, in main

infer_image( graph, img, frame.array )

File "security-picam.py", line 137, in infer_image

img.show()

AttributeError: 'numpy.ndarray' object has no attribute 'show'"

Images are captured, with bounding boxes and text scrolls on the screen, so the issue is isolated to the display.

I'm using a Pi3, Raspbian stretch with an attached arducam camera. I compiled the graph file on Ubuntu 16.04 on a VirtualBox on MacOs

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@rfranks263

$ python3 >>> import PIL >>> PIL.VERSION >>> PIL.PILLOW_VERSION
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Pinto, it didn't fix my issue. I'm not sure why.

0 Kudos