Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

compile_tool.exe output file can't be opened for writing

JCBreaux
Beginner

I am trying to use the compile_tool.exe to create an inference engine blob for the human-pose-estimation-0001.xml file.  I've tried any number of ways to compile this and I always get the same result: "Output file C:\Users\jmburris\open_model_zoo_models can't be opened for writing"  I've tried not specifying the output file with -o, just letting it compile in the same directory as the compile_tool.exe executable, same result.  I've tried creating other directory folders, same result, and all directories I've created have write permissions.

c:\Program Files (x86)\intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\tools\compile_tool>compile_tool.exe -m c:\Users\jmburris\open_model_zoo_models\intel\human-pose-estimation-0001\FP16\human-pose-estimation-0001.xml -ip U8 -d MYRIAD -VPU_NUMBER_OF_SHAVES 4 -VPU_NUMBER_OF_CMX_SLICES 4 -o "C:\Users\jmburris\open_model_zoo_models"
Inference Engine:
IE version ......... 2021.4.0
Build ........... 2021.4.0-3839-cd81789d294-releases/2021/4

Network inputs:
data : U8 / NCHW
Network outputs:
Mconv7_stage2_L1 : FP16 / NCHW
Mconv7_stage2_L2 : FP16 / NCHW
[Warning][VPU][Config] Deprecated option was used : VPU_MYRIAD_PLATFORM
Output file C:\Users\jmburris\open_model_zoo_models can't be opened for writing

using OpenVINO 2021.4

Windows 10

human-pose-estimation-0001.xml  (have tried human-pose-estimation-0005, 0006, and 0007 as well with same result)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi JCBreaux,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I encountered the same error as you did when I executed your command.

However, I have successfully compiled human-pose-estimation-0001.xml using the following command:

compile_tool.exe -m <path_to_xml>\human-pose-estimation-0001.xml -ip U8 -d MYRIAD -VPU_NUMBER_OF_SHAVES 4 -VPU_NUMBER_OF_CMX_SLICES 4 -o <path_to_output_file>\human-pose-estimation-0001.blob

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi JCBreaux,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided solutions.

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Best regards,

Wan

0 Kudos