Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

stream_infer doesn't show any image, CPU utilization at 100%

idata
Employee

Hello,

i have installed the SDK on a Ubuntu 16.04 laptop following the instructions, and I can run the examples successfully. However when I try to run stream_infer.py, all I get is a static window with no webcam image, while python runs at 100% CPU utilization. The camera is a USB webcam and works fine otherwise, e.g. using 'cheese'. Do you have any suggestion on what could be wrong?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

@baleboy Sorry to hear that you have been having this problem with the stream_infer example. Can you try unplugging and then plugging back in the NCS? Could you also provide more information on the kind of machine you are working with (64 bit Ubuntu 16.04? Physical machine or VM?) What kind of webcam are you using? Some webcams may not support video for Linux.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the reply. Indeed there seems to be a problem with the video capture, media streaming with VLC has also issues.

For the records, my configuration is 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04 running on a laptop (no VM) and a Creative USB camera.

I will continue debugging the video setup, thanks!

0 Kudos