Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
422 Discussions

Docker configuration manager agent did not finish provisioning in time

MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on setting up Automated License Plate Recognition Reference Implementation. I've reached the end of the guide and am at the part where I need to run a make command to open the webUI and run the Docker container. However, when i click Run use case, i get an error on the UI saying "Command not found, check console debug". On the console, it says Configuration Manager Agent did not finish the provisioning in time. Can someone help me resolve this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

It's very strange that you don't have all the docker containers. Could you provide the output of docker ps -a?

As for installation logs, you can find them at the following location. If you can share those logs, I can take a look and see if I see anything strange.

/var/log/esb-cli/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

I just installed the Automated License Plate Recognition Reference Implementation on a fresh Ubuntu 20.04 system and completed the installation guide except for the AWS and Thingsboard setup. I am able to run the license plate recognition sample from the web gui without any issues.

Could you share the logs from the ia_configmgr_agent docker container? Try to run the use case from the web gui and on a separate terminal run docker logs ia_configmgr_agent.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hey Jesus, thank you for the reply. I figured it was a docker related issue so i went ahead and removed all docker related files and tried another fresh install of the RI on my system. This time, everything was successfully installed. I am able to start the web gui and run the use case. However, the problem i am facing now is that after i run the use case, a small window opens up (i am assuming this is the video with inference running) and closes instantly. The webserver backend doesn't say what error it is. Logs attached

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

I believe you are seeing the window with the inference results for a second before it closes. I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary from the log files provided. Could you double check that the video file is not corrupted? The video input used this time is from upscaling to 1080p correct?

Please provide the output of docker logs ia_visualizer_alpr.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hey Jesus, thanks again for your reply. Appreciate all your help so far. Attaching the output of the command you posted above.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

Could you try the following and see if this fixes your issue?

1. Verify the display name by running the who command in your terminal (Example output: user :0 2022-08-09 14:38 (:0))
  2. Update the DISPLAY variable: export DISPLAY=":0"
  3. Disable access control xhost +

Also, please check that your user is part of the video group.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi Jesus,

Ran the commands written above. Also checked the video group and can confirm my username is present there. Using the 1080p version of the video and the file is intact. Still experiencing the same issue

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

I am unable to reproduce the issue, could you tell me a little more about your environment?

• Is the system behind a firewall?
  • Are you accessing the system remotely or physically?
  • Does this system have a fresh Ubuntu 20 install?
  • Ubuntu and Kernel version?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi Jesus,

I have a laptop with Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS installed. I am using my home wifi, hence do not have any firewall in place.

I got the laptop from a colleague who was able to run the container successfully. I was unsuccessful in my first attempt and did a fresh install yesterday. I still haven't been successful in implementing the RI.

saif@saif-Latitude-7520:~$ cat /proc/version # detail about for the kernel image version
Linux version 5.14.0-1048-oem (buildd@lcy02-amd64-084) (gcc (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1) 9.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #55-Ubuntu SMP Mon Aug 8 14:58:10 UTC 2022
saif@saif-Latitude-7520:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal

The current blocker i am facing is with the make command. Please note that the RI was installed successfully.

saif@saif-Latitude-7520:~/Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase$ make webui EII_BASE= Desktop/LPR/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/IEdgeInsights REPO_FOLDER= Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
# Activate virtual env and Launch WebUI
cd src/webui && source /".uc_virtual_env"/bin/activate && python3 ./server.py
/bin/bash: /.uc_virtual_env/bin/activate: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:101: webui] Error 1

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

Double check that the REPO_FOLDER folder is set to the correct path. To give you an example, this is how my make command looks.

user@ubuntu20:~/Downloads/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase$ make webui EII_BASE=~/Downloads/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/IEdgeInsights REPO_FOLDER=~/Downloads/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi Jesus,

Thank you for your reply. After checking my command, i did realise that the path was incorrect. I was able to start the WebUI again. However, I am stuck again, but this time, with an error that i got in the past. The UI says - Command not found, check console debug.

Attaching the config mgr logs as well. But i think the error is because the ia visualizer alpr container isnt starting for some reason.

saif@saif-Latitude-7520:~/Desktop/LPR$ docker logs ia_visualizer_alpr
Error: No such container: ia_visualizer_alpr

The entire installation was successful. So i don't understand why the above container is unable to start? Last time I faced an error like this, i pruned all docker volumes and did a reinstall of the RI. But even after i did that, the inference window would close within 1 second. This time, I've reinstalled Ubuntu in the hopes that it would fix the problem. But it hasn't. What would be your best advice in this situation? And if i wanted to debug this on my own, what logs would you recommend checking?

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

It's very strange that you don't have all the docker containers. Could you provide the output of docker ps -a?

As for installation logs, you can find them at the following location. If you can share those logs, I can take a look and see if I see anything strange.

/var/log/esb-cli/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi Jesus,

Update: I double-checked the path and tried again and can say that I got the inference window up and running. However, please note that currently, the RI that is working is in my 2nd installation directory (primary still broken). I will work with this working RI for now. Thanks for your and SShan's help with this.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Glad you have a working reference implementation, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos