Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Problem with QuestaSim License.

IshtiyaqueShaikh
Beginner

Problem with QuestaSim License:
---------------------------------------
I have installed Quartus Prime Pro 21.3. I have installed "Questa - Intel FPGA Edition (includes Starter Edition)" which does not need license.
However when I tried to run the vsim I got following error related to license file. I have valid license for Quartus Prime Pro 21.3.

$ ./questa_fse/linux_x86_64/vsim -version

Questa Intel Starter FPGA Edition-64 vsim 2021.2 Simulator 2021.04 Apr 14 2021

$ ./questa_fse/linux_x86_64/vsim

Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE)
is set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem.
Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.
** Error: Invalid license environment. Application closing.

---------------------------------------------------

I tried following:
a) Trying to download a free license for QuestaSim but I got following permission issue when trying to visit "Self Service Licensing Center".

"You may have been logged out or you do not have the necessary permissions to access this page."

b) I tried to download an older free ModelSim from 21.1 Quarus Pro. But after installation I see some other error.

[user1@localhost bin]$ ./vsim -version
/vsim: /home/user1/intelFPGA_pro/21.1/modelsim_ase/bin/../linux/vsim: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
./vsim: line 184: /home/user1/intelFPGA_pro/21.1/modelsim_ase/bin/../linux/vsim: Success

My centos version is:
[user1@localhost bin]$ rpm -q centos-release

centos-release-7-9.2009.1.el7.centos.x86_64

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had raised a ticket with intel also but they asked me to post in Intel Community forum.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Welcome to INTEL forum. To further understand the issue, could you get me the:

1) Debug/error.log file

2) Error message screen shot

3) Screenshot of Quartus II>>tools>>license setup

4) Machine OS information

5) Quartus version used

6) License.dat file

And for privacy, you can reply/attach your file in private message

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos