Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Questa Starter Edition - unable to checkout license - path defined properly, verified by tool

HobbyFactory
Beginner

Hello Intel, 

I am facing problem with Questa starter licence - I followed all the steps, generated license file online and add LM_LICENSE_FILE path to the system variables (windows). But I am getting error message attached, I tried to run diagnostic tool (lmutil lmdiag) as recomended in the error message, and there everything seems to be ok. 

Do you have any advice how to resolve this issue? I tried to generate license file several times, no success

Thank you

Regards

Michal 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Good day

Thank you for your patience. Apologize for the inconvenience happen, there are some technical issues due to upgrading proses. Now the license generator issue has been resolved. Login to https://licensing.intel.com/ to get your new license file and let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. If you receive the Quartus license.dat file. Kindly provide your Questa license.dat file for further checking.

0 Kudos
HobbyFactory
Beginner

Hello, 

thank you for your quick response, here is the content of the text file (I am not able to attach it):

Name of the file: LR-110012_License

# Intel Corporation Software and/or Intellectual Property License File
# Issued 07 February 2023
# Upgrade to these products will no longer be available after the Maintenance Expiration
# date unless licenses are renewed.
# Fixed Node License
# Primary Machine Name-DESKTOP-ERN1382
# Primary Machine ID-NIC ID 84C5A68E0689
# Companion ID-NIC ID 84C5A68E0689
# Companion ID 2-N/A
# Product License Summary:
# Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition, 1 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2024.02
# - License Expires 07-Feb-2024
# Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition, 1 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2024.02
# - License Expires 07-Feb-2024
################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# This is license file for Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition
# Number of seat licenses is 1
# License Expires 07-Feb-2024
# FEATURE END
################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# This is license file for Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition
# Number of seat licenses is 1
# License Expires 07-Feb-2024
# FEATURE END
# End of Intel Corporation Software and/or Intellectual Property License File. Issued 02/07/2023

Can you please advice if this is correct or not? 

Thank you

Best Regards

Michal

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Please give me some time to further check with our IT team regarding your issue. I’ll be back with an update. TQ

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Good day

Thank you for your patience. Apologize for the inconvenience happen, there are some technical issues due to upgrading proses. Now the license generator issue has been resolved. Login to https://licensing.intel.com/ to get your new license file and let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
HobbyFactory
Beginner

Hello, 

thank you for your answer, issue is resolved. 

I requested new license file, this time it was much longer, and all is ok. 

Have a nice day

Michal 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Sounds good, hope everything is working well at your side. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos