Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

[ De1-soc ] Helping me with a problem about HPS DMA example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12658&stc=1  

This my error when i debug project !  

ERROR(CMD16-TAD274-NAL33): # in E:\Altera-SoCFPGA-HardwareLib-DMA-CV-GNU\debug-hosted.ds:17 while executing: loadfile "u-boot-spl.axf" 0x0 

! Failed to load "u-boot-spl.axf" 

! Failed to write 40,644 bytes to address N:0xFFFF0000 while writing block of 4,096 bytes to address N:0xFFFF0000 

! Target is running, cannot access. 

ERROR(CMD656): The script E:\Altera-SoCFPGA-HardwareLib-DMA-CV-GNU\debug-hosted.ds failed to complete due to an error during execution of the script 

Thank for your time !
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

it looks like the preloader file is missing. When you build the project, the Makefile should include the u-boot-spl.axf from SoCEDS example directory. Do you notice any error when building the project?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank for your answer , but i included it ... and when i built the project that have no error .But i debug have problem , Maybe it have different problem between DE1-SOC & DEV-SOC ? Who can help me pls ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hm, I would like to try it out myself but right now I do not have ARM license that allows me to perform baremetal debug over USB Blaster II... 

But since the example uses the u-boot-spl.axf file from SOCEDS during compilation (this u-boot-spl.axf file is built using the GHRD meant for the CV dev kit, not DE1-SoC) I would recommend trying to re-generate the u-boot-spl.axf (if you haven't) using the hardware handoff files for DE1-SoC. Or, you can copy one from one of Terasic's design example. 

Another thing to check is that there is no Quartus Programmer/System Console that is running on the background - sometimes this will hinder with the debugging since they are using the same JTAG resource. Also, remove the SD card (if any) from the its slot.
0 Kudos