Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1080 Discussions

[ De1-soc ] Helping me with a problem about HPS DMA example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12658&stc=1  

This my error when i debug project !  

ERROR(CMD16-TAD274-NAL33): # in E:\Altera-SoCFPGA-HardwareLib-DMA-CV-GNU\debug-hosted.ds:17 while executing: loadfile "u-boot-spl.axf" 0x0 

! Failed to load "u-boot-spl.axf" 

! Failed to write 40,644 bytes to address N:0xFFFF0000 while writing block of 4,096 bytes to address N:0xFFFF0000 

! Target is running, cannot access. 

ERROR(CMD656): The script E:\Altera-SoCFPGA-HardwareLib-DMA-CV-GNU\debug-hosted.ds failed to complete due to an error during execution of the script 

Thank for your time !
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

it looks like the preloader file is missing. When you build the project, the Makefile should include the u-boot-spl.axf from SoCEDS example directory. Do you notice any error when building the project?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank for your answer , but i included it ... and when i built the project that have no error .But i debug have problem , Maybe it have different problem between DE1-SOC & DEV-SOC ? Who can help me pls ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hm, I would like to try it out myself but right now I do not have ARM license that allows me to perform baremetal debug over USB Blaster II... 

But since the example uses the u-boot-spl.axf file from SOCEDS during compilation (this u-boot-spl.axf file is built using the GHRD meant for the CV dev kit, not DE1-SoC) I would recommend trying to re-generate the u-boot-spl.axf (if you haven't) using the hardware handoff files for DE1-SoC. Or, you can copy one from one of Terasic's design example. 

Another thing to check is that there is no Quartus Programmer/System Console that is running on the background - sometimes this will hinder with the debugging since they are using the same JTAG resource. Also, remove the SD card (if any) from the its slot.