Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1081 Discussions

JTAG Bahvior is Different from EPCS4

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, I have a DE1 board. I design a circuit, very simple circuit with one 8-bit counter. It has a PLL in it too. The PLL generates 50 MHz input clock and bring it down to 10 MHz. 

When I program DE1-Cyclone II with JTAG, it works fine. When I load the design into EPCS4, and recycle power, the circuit stops working? Any idea. I run sims, it works fine too. 

The PLL has a reset, but it does not matter in this case as I suspect the PLL is not working at all when power up from EPCS4. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

1) Do you have a explicit reset in your counter ? 

2) Do you check you output configuration for epcs ? I mean there may be a problem with your epcs : program file or design. I suspect program file (.pof). 

3) Else...
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You are right. The pof file is corrupted. I am using Quartus II 9.1 SP2. It has a bug in generating pof file. Thanks. I have had this problem before, but almost forget about it now.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Don't forget to add to mmtsuchi's reputation (http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/reputation.php?p=119793) ;-)