Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

TRDB-D5M camera with DE2i-150

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to configure the camera TRDB-D5M with Altera DE2i-150 board. As instructions to configure camera with DE2i-150 are not available, I am using instructions to configure the same camera with DE2-115 board. I could download the .sof file into the board. Later the board is going into FREE RUN mode. But nothing is happening later. As per instructions, KEY[0] should be used to reset the board, KEY[2] should be used to take shot of photo, KEY[3] to switch back to FREE RUN mode and to display the photo captured. But none of these is working with DE2i-150.  

Is this an issue of board? Or is there an another .sof file for DE2i-150 and not the same file as DE2-115? 

Please help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I am trying to configure the camera TRDB-D5M with Altera DE2i-150 board. As instructions to configure camera with DE2i-150 are not available, I am using instructions to configure the same camera with DE2-115 board. I could download the .sof file into the board. Later the board is going into FREE RUN mode. But nothing is happening later. As per instructions, KEY[0] should be used to reset the board, KEY[2] should be used to take shot of photo, KEY[3] to switch back to FREE RUN mode and to display the photo captured. But none of these is working with DE2i-150.  

Is this an issue of board? Or is there an another .sof file for DE2i-150 and not the same file as DE2-115? 

Please help. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Harshada, 

I think you should not use the same .sof for both chips, because they are connect in different pins (probably you know that and realocate the pin planner). When you run this .sof, you can see the image in the screen using VGA? In my case, I noticed that PIXCLK are not clocking, so I cant see anything in my screen. Did you solved your tissue? 

Vinicius
0 Kudos