Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Commercial program installation permission for Intel Fortran Redistributables (free to download)

Marios
Beginner
I develop (using Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows) a commercial windows program, which includes in the installation prerequisites:
Intel(R) Visual Fortran Redistributables on Intel(R) 64 (ww_ifort_redist_intel64_2019.5.281.msi)

Do I need any special permission from Intel to use this package in following cases:

1. Automatically download the installer of the redistributable (MSI) during the installation of my program.

2. Pack in my installer the installer of the redistributable and launch the installation automatically (To generate an installation without internet connection).

3. Pack in my installer the DLLs of the  redistributable that we need (To generate a silent installation).

Thank you for considering my question.

Marios
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

If you are using Parallel Studio XE, then the End User License Agreement for the Intel® Software Development Products applies. Its text gives both commercial and noncommercial users the right to distribute the redistributables as part of your own application. I'll note that even if you are using this old compiler, you can still use the newer oneAPI redistributables.

The oneAPI EULA (Intel End User License Agreement for Developer Tools) reads a bit different, but doesn't distinguish between commercial and noncommercial use (since that distinction has disappeared.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RAS
Beginner

Hello andrew_4619,

I have the same question than Marios (we are working together in this project), thank you for your response. I carefully reviewed the EULAs in the link, but I do not know what kind of license applies for Intel(R) Visual Fortran Redistributables on Intel(R) 64 (ww_ifort_redist_intel64_2019.5.281.msi). Do you have any idea?

According to "End User License Agreement for the Intel Software Development Products" Free Users only can run the redistributables, but they cannot distribute these. Another possible option is "Intel Simplified Software License", which grants royalty-free license for redistribution.

What is the EULA for the Intel Fortran redistributables?...

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

If you are using Parallel Studio XE, then the End User License Agreement for the Intel® Software Development Products applies. Its text gives both commercial and noncommercial users the right to distribute the redistributables as part of your own application. I'll note that even if you are using this old compiler, you can still use the newer oneAPI redistributables.

The oneAPI EULA (Intel End User License Agreement for Developer Tools) reads a bit different, but doesn't distinguish between commercial and noncommercial use (since that distinction has disappeared.)

0 Kudos