Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

DLL generation and static linking to intel runtime libraries

DataScientist
Valued Contributor I

What is the required flag to generate DLL with the intel runtime libraries linked statically to the DLL? I guess this is in general not a good idea. But in cases where the DLL is going to be used from other languages such as MATLAB/Python/R, it can be quite helpful since there would be no need for a separate installation of the runtime libraries. On Linux, -static-intel achieves the goal, but on Windows, I am not sure what flag is needed. Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

/MT or /libs:static /threads. In Visual Studio, select "Multithreaded" when building the DLL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

/MT or /libs:static /threads. In Visual Studio, select "Multithreaded" when building the DLL.

0 Kudos
DataScientist
Valued Contributor I

Steve, Thank you. Does it also automatically link the static Intel MPI library? I suppose it does not.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

If you want MPI you have to specify it yourself. The only time the compiler will link in MPI is if you enable coarrays and then it's always the shared library. (There is no static coarray support library.)

0 Kudos