Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28712 Discussions

Fortran Documentation Not Available in VS2008

kramer__walter
Beginner
Hello,

I recently upgraded to Intel Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.0.5.221 [IA-32] and use VS2008 as IDE under Windows XP SP3 home Edition.
For some reason the Fortran documentation is not available from the Microsoft Document Explorer. I tried repair/reinstall IVF, then repair/reinstall VS2008 and again repair/reinstall IVF and also running RepairVS08Integration.exe. Obviously without the desired result. The integration of the compiler is OK, it is just the documentation that fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Walter Kramer

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Don't bother with the "repair" tool - that deals only with the integration, not the documentation. Are you using the VS2008 Shell or a separately purchased VS2008?
0 Kudos
kramer__walter
Beginner
I am using a separately purchased Standard Edition of VS 2008.

Walter
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Ok, thanks. I already have an inquiry in to the doc developers on this topic and I'll add yours.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please open a command prompt and try the following:

1. CD to\help

2. Enter the following commands, in order:

[plain]
H2Reg.exe -r CmdFile=..\Documentation\vshelp\1033\intel.forprodocs\H2Reg_cmd.ini
H2Reg.exe -r CmdFile=..\Documentation\vshelp\1033\intel.fprocompilerdocs\H2Reg_cmd.ini
[/plain]

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
Hayen__Jeffrey
Beginner
Will this effort be of help with my issue (I am utilizing the VS 2008 Shell only)?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It should. Try it.
0 Kudos
kramer__walter
Beginner
Yes, this helps.

Thank you very much.

Walter Kramer
0 Kudos