Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

Integration of Intel OneAPI toolkit with Visual Studio 2017 on Windows 10

Mohammed1
Novice

Hello,

I have been trying to install Intel OneAPI toolkit with Visual Studio 2017 on Windows 10 in order to use the Fortran compiler. I followed the instructions by installing VS 2017 (I made sure to select C++ Desktop development). I then installed Intel OneAPI toolkit 2022.2 (the Base first then the one with Fortran) which should be compatible with the VS 2017 version. The problem is that when I launch VS, there is no option to select a Fortran project. Is there anything else I need to do to make Fortran work with VS?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mohammed1
Novice

Hi, I have now deleted VS 2017 because I was able to make VS 2022 work with Intel so I can't provide the requested info. Thank you for your willingness to help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Can you provide the copy of info from inside VS Help>About Microsoft Visual Studio. That will give me more info to respond to your issue.

0 Kudos
Mohammed1
Novice

Hi, I have now deleted VS 2017 because I was able to make VS 2022 work with Intel so I can't provide the requested info. Thank you for your willingness to help.