Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28441 Discussions

Intel MKL 2017 configuration for MS Visual Studio 2015

Bakee
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to install Intel MKL 2017 (MKL 2017.3.210) on my pc with MS Visual Studio 2015 (I have to use VS 2015 because of licensing issues). I installed several times but I don't see Intel Fortran in the New Project window:

baki_0-1629930583473.png

What could be the solution? How do we configure VS 2015?

Sorry if this was posted before.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Installing MKL does not install Fortran. Intel Fortran, in that version, has its own installer (Parallel Studio XE), which includes MKL.

If Fortran does not appear when installing Parallel Studio XE, see Configuring Visual Studio for Mixed-Language Applications (intel.com)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dilanjan_J_Intel

Hi Bakee,

Thanks for posting your query on the community forum. To check if the Intel® MKL 2017 has been integrated with Visual Studio, please follow the below steps.

• Open MS Visual Studio
  • Click 'Help' and select 'About MS Visual studio'
  • Share the Screenshots of the entire list of components showing  (You may have to scroll down to see all the components)

Also, confirm the complete Operating system name and build version in use as well.

Best regards,

Dilanjan

0 Kudos
Bakee
Beginner

Hi Dilanjan,

Thank you so much for help. Here's the screenshot of the About page:

Bakee_0-1630358031156.png

The Operating system is Windows 10 Enterprise

Version is 10.0.19043 build 19043

Bakee_1-1630358215226.png

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Dilanjan_J_Intel

Hi Bakee,

Thanks for getting back to us. The Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 has been successfully integrated with Visual studio, hence we will be moving this query to the Software Development Tools (Compilers, Debuggers, Profilers & Analyzers) forum which is specific to issues of this nature so it can be addressed more quickly. An expert will reach out to you in a timely manner.

Have a pleasant day ahead!

Regards,

Dilanjan

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Installing MKL does not install Fortran. Intel Fortran, in that version, has its own installer (Parallel Studio XE), which includes MKL.

If Fortran does not appear when installing Parallel Studio XE, see Configuring Visual Studio for Mixed-Language Applications (intel.com)

Devorah_H_Intel

Parallel Studio XE you have installed has C++ compiler only.

I suggest upgrading to VS 2019 and installing oneAPI HPC Toolkit that has Fortran compiler 

then install MKL separately. 

Another option is to download compilers you need and libraries  from https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html 

0 Kudos
Bakee
Beginner

thank you all so much for the help

0 Kudos