Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28602 Discussions

Release mode, Ctrl+F5, only build, no run

j_fan
Beginner

When I run a program using Ctrl+F5, in Release mode,afterBuild succeeded, the console window only flashes once without running it. If in Debug mode, no problem. But the same code works well on some other computers. I'm wondering whether it depends on some special settings. All test pcs areusing Vista, IVF 11.0.066. Many thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
j_fan
Beginner

I found I have to manually run the .exe file in the 'Release' folder. This does not happenon some other computers. Why?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Which Visual Studio version are you using?
0 Kudos
j_fan
Beginner
Which Visual Studio version are you using?

All Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.

Another thing, Iwonder whether IVF 11.0.066 worksin Win7 system.It seemsit cannotbe builtcorrectly.Do I have to update the IVF?

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The correction of Win7 installation bug occurred with 11.1.048. Discussion of that is still present at the top of the C++ forum (not amended to point out that the latest version should work too); it seems to have fallen off the Fortran forum.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
As Tim says, 11.1.048 or later is the minimum supported on Windows 7. I suppose I should re-stick that thread...
0 Kudos