Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28595 Discussions

catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort**

rdsrivathsa
Beginner
Hello,

Iam usingIntel Visual Fortran 11.0.066 in VS 2008 (v. 9.0.30729.1 SP). Theprojects I have tried to compiledo sook. The problem arises when I try compile using the auto-parallelization(/Qparallel) option. I have to tried to compile three codes so far and all of them fail with the same message:

catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

One another piece of information is that the problem also arises only when I try to compile with auto-parallelization in the Release mode. In the Debug mode, the compilation proceeds ok with auto-parallelization.

Has anyone encountered any similar occurances?I would much appreciate any help.

RDS
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This is a generic message that can have many possible causes, nearly all of them compiler bugs. Please provide us with test cases and we'll be glad to investigate.
0 Kudos
rdsrivathsa
Beginner

Thanks for the message, Steve.

Unfortunately, I am unable to share the code. I shall try to see if I canreproduce the error with a similar but shareable code and I shall try to post back.

0 Kudos