Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

error 5102 Can not open an include file 'fftw3.f03'

abdulkadir_n_
Beginner

Hi, I am trying to run a fortran 90 program, using intel visual fortran, from intel parallel studio cluster edition 2018 for windows. The program comprises of a main program main.f90,others are module.f90, gfortran_random.f90 and others, there is also a makefile. The main file uses omp_lib and include fftw3.f03. However when  I tried to compile the main.f90, using [IA-32 ]it gave me two errors:

1. error 5102: can not open include file 'fftw3.f03'

2. Compilation aborted for c:\users\abdulkadir\ Documents\visualstudio2015\Projecs\console9\console9\pic_1Dsrc\main.f90 (code1)

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Pardon me if this seems obvious, but do you have a file called fftw3.f03 in one of the folders where the compiler looks for INCLUDE files? Judging by its name, it's part of a third-party library package called fftw. Typically you would need to add to the list of "Additional Include Directories" the folder containing this file.

0 Kudos
abdulkadir_n_
Beginner
Thank you very much initially I placed the fftw3 folder in the projects directory but now I have moved it to the console9 directory and it worked.
0 Kudos
abdulkadir_n_
Beginner

Hello Steve and all,

I have tried to build the project main.f90 but I am getting an error : fatal error link 1104, can not open file  mkl_cdft_core.lib.Can you kindly help with an explanation and way out 

Attached is the build log

Thanks

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Apparently, you attached the wrong build log -- it only says that it could not find a valid license for the compiler, and does not mention MKL at all.

0 Kudos
abdulkadir_n_
Beginner

Dear  Mecej4, thanks for your response, here is the current buid log I got  today. It say: fatal error LNK1104  cannot open 'mkl_cdft_core.lib'.The build log I attached earlier was the one I first got before it changed to the current one. May be due the expiration of the licence.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
abdulkadir_n_
Beginner

Hello Steve and all,

I have tried to build the project main.f90 but I am getting an error : fatal error link 1104, can not open file  mkl_cdft_core.lib.Can you kindly help with an explanation and way out 

Attached is the build log

Thanks

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The build log you attached shows an entirely different error (missing license).

For MKL linking issues, I'd recommend asking in the Intel Math Kernel Library forum. In Visual Studio, you can usually get by with selecting the "Use Intel Math Kernel Library" option under Fortran > Libraries.

0 Kudos