Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

mkl_intel_thread.dll is not found

Juan_David_V_
Beginner

Hello

I have a fortran project. When I run it in visual studio everything works fine but when I try to execute it from the .exe file I get that the mkl_intel_thread.dll is not found. I copied the dll into the debug folder where the .exe file is located and the program try to run but it closes inmediately.

Any suggestion.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

By default the folders for the Intel performance libraries, such as MKL, aren't added to the PATH system environment variable. Which version of Intel Visual Fortran (Intel Parallel Studio XE) do you have? 

If when you copy the DLL into the folder with the EXE and run it from a command prompt, you should see an obvious error if the DLL is missing or wrong. If your program just exits, then it's the program deciding to do that - maybe it can't find the input file. (Note that in a Visual Studio solution, the project folder is the default for input files, not the executable folder.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

By default the folders for the Intel performance libraries, such as MKL, aren't added to the PATH system environment variable. Which version of Intel Visual Fortran (Intel Parallel Studio XE) do you have? 

If when you copy the DLL into the folder with the EXE and run it from a command prompt, you should see an obvious error if the DLL is missing or wrong. If your program just exits, then it's the program deciding to do that - maybe it can't find the input file. (Note that in a Visual Studio solution, the project folder is the default for input files, not the executable folder.)

0 Kudos
Juan_David_V_
Beginner

I forgot to place the input file into the folder. Whit the input files and the dlls the program runs perfect. Thanks!!!

0 Kudos