Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPA 4.3: error when creating frame capture file

Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

0 Kudos
5 Replies
blancodinggmail_com
hi, just download it and have a try,found a problem.
with gpa4.2 I can take a frame analyzer capture, but now, it said
on the top of screen that:
[streamsurfacedx9::prepare][]fail to capture a surface [streamsurfacetoolDX9::CaptureData]fail to lock a lockable surface [hr(-2005530516)][wh(512x512),fmt(827611204),u(512),p(0),ms(0,0)]
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Sorry that you are running into this problem.

First of all, could you tell some information about your configuration? You can get this by right-clicking on the Intel GPA Monitor icon in the notification area, then selecting "About..." and copying that information here.

Secondly, did Intel GPA create a "crash file"? Check in the GPA user area (eg, C:\Users\myusername\Documents\GPA_4.3\) for an XML file. If you find this, please include it here as well.

Lastly, I'm assuming that this error message appeared in the HUD when running the Intel GPA System Analyzer HUD program?

Thanks in advance for your patience while we try to solve this one for you.

Regards,

Neal

ps-> I moved your question/issue to a new thread, which makes it easier to track (and for others to see as well).
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

I've not heard back from you on the requested information, but in parallel I have been discussing this issue with our development team.

They are wondering whether you were running the same configuration for both the 4.2 and 4.3 tests. In particular, did you run both on the exact same machine with the same graphics driver and the same screen resolution? Also, does the error go away if you reduce the size of the screen when running the game/application?

The reason they ask is the code for handling surfaces and textures hasn't changed for awhile, but they think something in your configuration may have changed for you to see this error. Also, this error occurs because the driver returned an error when trying to lock the surface, and without more information from you we do not know why the driver returned this error.

So I'm looking forward to hearing more information back from you on this issue.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Another "ping" on this... any more info that you can provide would be helpful so that we can track down the issue and either resolve it or provide a workaround for you.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
Jordan_B_
Beginner
This comment has been moved to its own thread
0 Kudos