Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Cannot connect to arria10 node

Eddie_H_Intel
Employee

Hello!

I'm attempting to follow the instructions in this repo: (https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/OpenCL_Program_PAC_Quickstart/Arria%2010) but I'm stuck at step 3.

When I attempt to run the login function after sourcing the script, I get the following output:

u43013@login-2:/data/intel_fpga$ tools_setup

Which tool would you like to source?
1) Quartus Prime Lite
2) Quartus Prime Standard
3) Quartus Prime Pro
4) HLS
5) Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL
6) Arria 10 OneAPI
7) Stratix 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL

Number: 5
Not on an Arria10 Development Stack node. You need to be on an Arria10 Development Stack node to run Arria Development Stack
u43013@login-2:/data/intel_fpga$ devcloud_login

You are selecting an interactive compute server sesssion. Please consider using batch mode submission using
devcloud_login -b to not tie up compute servers with idle sessions.
See the help menu using devcloud_login -h for more details.

What are you trying to use the Devcloud for?

1) Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL
2) Arria 10 OneAPI
3) Stratix 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL
4) Compilation (Command Line) Only
5) Enter Specific Node Number

Number: 1
Which Arria 10 PAC Development Stack release would you like to source?
0) 1.2
1) 1.2.1

Number: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For X2GO tunneling access. For users connected to intel firewall, copy and paste the following text in a new mobaxterm terminal:

ssh -L 4002:s001-n139:22 colfax-intel

For X2GO tunneling access. For users NOT connected to intel firewall, copy and paste the following text in a new mobaxterm terminal:

ssh -L 4002:s001-n139:22 devcloud

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

running: qsub -q batch@v-qsvr-fpga -I -l nodes=s001-n139:ppn=2
qsub: submit error (Unauthorized Request MSG=group ACL is not satisfied: user u43013@login-2, queue batch)

Can you check if my account has the appropriate permissions to connect to arria10?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dr_FPGA
Novice

I had the same issue using these instructions. I  suspect these are outdated because the node numbers are different in this script and what shows on DevCloud:

pbsnodes | grep -B 4 fpga

I was able to connect to an FPGA node to compile with the following command:

qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_compile:ppn=2 -d .

I think to run it you have to have another node with actual FPGA:

qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:ppn=2 -d .

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Have you tried running Intel® PAC Quick Start User Guide? Did you had this working when running the Quick Start UG?:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qs-ias-opencl-a10.pdf

0 Kudos