Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
661 Discussions

DSP Builder generates non-portable '.qip' files

SHard2
Novice

Quartus Prime Version 19.1.0 Build 670 09/22/2019 SJ Standard Edition with Matlab R2013a.

When a Simulink model is compiled in Quartus and archived to produce a portable IP block, the '.qip' files generated contain absolute paths only where every vhdl file is added four times.

I am unable to find a method to force relative paths to be created.

I have attached an example  from the Quartus install directory with  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SHard2
Novice

Hi I have attached an image of the text of my request as the forum corrupts it each time i type it inrequest.JPG

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the absolute path of the DSP Builder generated RTL. Please allow me some time to look into it and perform issue replication. Once replicated, I will try to see if can find any workaround. If not, will further consult Factory on this. I will update you on the progress by mid of next week. Please ping me if you do not hear back from me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For your information, as I tested generating the rtl for the demo_nco example in the DSP Builder, I observe in the .qip file, the relative path but not absolute path is used. As I tested enabling the "Use separate work directory for Quartus Prime project", the generated .qip file seems will use absolute path.

As a workaround, would you mind to try disabling the "Use separate work directory for Quartus Prime project" to see if it work for you to generate relative path in .qip file.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
SHard2
Novice

​Good morning and thank you for getting back to me.

The work around does give relative paths, but it still adds every file four times?

I will try to use this as a work around in the short term.

Will you be reporting this as a bug to the development team?

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your help and understanding. Regarding the same file being duplicated 4 times, this seems to be a bug. I will report this to the Factory. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
SHard2
Novice

​Hi

Thanks you for getting back to me.

If you could also report that it is not possible to get relative paths when a seperate quartus directory is selected it would be appreciated.

This could be a very useful feature to simplify archiving, but only if it still generates relative paths.

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes, I have also highlighted the absolute path issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos