Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
661 Discussions

HLS Compiler and Quartus version compatibility and troubles with Visual Studio

alxb
Novice

Good day! I've installed HLS Compiler 21.1. I can't execute examples.
And I have license on Quartus 14.1 version only. Will HLS Compiler run
with that version or it works only with latest Quartus versions? And
also while running init_hls.bat script can't detect Visual Studio 2017
on drive but I've already installed VS 2017. Path of VS is on drive D:/
(D:\Microsoft Visual Studio) Is that critical? And I've chosed not all
components of VS to reduce needed hard drive space. What components of
Visual Studio are critical for HLS Compiler?

And are there MAX 10 and Arria V compatibility available now in HLS Compiler?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @alxb,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
I believe you have installed the HLS 21.1 pro version and for that it does have backwards compatibility but are just until 17.1.1. (Please refer here for more details)

As for visual studio, HLS requires the C++ compiler (i.e. I believe is MSVC compiler) for it to work.
On the visual studio installation, I am not sure if putting it in D drive would impact the detection, but I would recommend to check on your environment path for the visual studio installation as scripts in the init_hls.bat is usually referring to environment variable.
Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
alxb
Novice

Thank you! I'll try to do something and I'll give feedback here with questions when I'll get any results on that

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @alxb,

Good day, just checking in to see if any of the recommendation are working, and if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.
Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @alxb,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. Hence thread will now be transitioned to community support and we will no longer monitor this thread. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos