Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12546 Discussions

NUC11PABi7 - HDMI Monitor Does Not Wake From Sleep

Antom
Beginner

On 2 of my Intel NUC units the monitor does not wake from sleep when the mouse or keyboard are moved.  I know they're awake as I can blindly log on to them using the keyboard then confirm connect to them using TeamViewer and see the desktop all while the HDMI monitor is still sleeping.  To wake the HDMI monitor I can either power cycle the NUC or disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable from the NUC.

Both NUCs have

• Windows 10 pro 21h2 and have all Microsoft updates installed.
  • The intel driver support assistant installed and all Intel updates installed including the latest BIOS (BIOS version: 0042, 12/13/2021).
  • Windows configured never to Sleep.
  • Windows Hibernation disabled.
  • USB power in s4/s5 enabled in the BIOS.
  • Windows configured to turn off the display after 10 minutes.

One of the NUC units is:

• Model: NUC11PABi7
  • Version: K90104-304

Multiple monitors have been used with the same result.  One of the monitor models is Dell E207WFPc and is connected via a HDMI-DVI cable.

Based on other forum posts, it seems this issue has come and go over the years.
https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000056746/intel-nuc.html says the issue should be resolved by Updating the Intel NUC to Intel® Graphics driver version 27.20.100.8681 or later. Considering I have the latest Graphics Driver (version 30.0.101.1660), this resolution is incorrect.
Is there a solution to this issue?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello Antom,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

When did the issue start?

Was there any hardware or software change before the issue started?

Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

• Download the Intel SSU (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-window...)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

• Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 

• To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Jean_Intel

Hello Antom,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Antom
Beginner

Hi Jean,

The issue started on this particular unit the day I bought it (December 2021).

I have downloaded and ran the Intel System Support Utility successfully however, I have unable to submit the data.  The URL https://servicerequestmgmt.intel.com/webticketui/ opens in Edge and returns the error "Hmmm… can't reach this page".

I have recently wiped the units drive and reinstalled Windows however the issue is persisting.

Many thanks,

Antom

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Here is what you need to do:

1. Download the tool from here: Intel System Support Utility for Windows
  2. Start the tool. select Everything and then click on Scan.
  3. Once the scan completes, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it.
  4. You can now close the app.
  5. Open another response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

Hope this helps,

...S

Antom
Beginner

@n_scott_pearson Thanks for the tip.  Can other users see the attachments or just the Intel staff?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, everyone can see the attachment. If you want to keep it exclusive to an ICS agent - for example @Jean_Intel, who responded to your post - then you need to send it to them attached to a Private Message. Click on your avatar picture (right-hand end of the Communities Banner) and select Messages from the menu that appears. That will get you to the scene where you compose, send and respond to messages.

If you are concerned about the contents of the file, delete it from your message and then send it to Jean.

...S

Jean_Intel

Hello Antom,

We are aware of this issue, and we are working on a solution. At the moment, our recommendation is to try the following graphics drivers on an affected NUC system to see which driver resolves the issue:

Graphics driver: 30.0.101.1069 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/685037/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.htm...)

Graphics driver: 27.20.100.9466 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/30381/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html)

We understand that these are old drivers; however, we have received reports that the issue goes away after installing these drivers.

Regarding your question, the attachments are Public, and community peers may be able to see them.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Antom
Beginner

Hi Jean,

I have now installed the Intel Graphics driver version 30.0.101.1069 and will monitor the situation. (No pun intended.. ok, maybe a little)

Thank you for your assistance,

Antom

Antom
Beginner

Hi Jean,

Installing Intel Graphics driver version 30.0.101.1069 has not resolved the problem.  I am now installing Intel Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9466.

Again, I'll monitor the situation.

I look forward to this problem being resolved.

Regards,
Antom

Antom
Beginner

Installing Intel Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9466 has resolved the problem.  The HDMI monitor attached to the NUC has reliably woken from sleep all 9 times when moving the mouse or using the keyboard since installing this driver.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Jean_Intel

Hello Antom,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.