Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Enabling Optane with Asus Prime z390-a

daath
Novice

Hi there,

I am setting up a new machine with an Asus Prime z390-a motherboard with the latest BIOS (0805 I think it is named).

I have a Samsung 970 Evo Plus in M2_1 and a 32GB Intel Optane stick in M2_2 - In the BIOS both are controlled by RST.

The Optane stick shows up as a regular SSD as you can see in the disk manager screenshot.

The Optane UI shows "No compatible disks for Intel Optane memory (see screenshot).

Attached is also a SSU scan. What am I doing wrong?

I am going to be using the Optane stick on a 7200RPM 8TB disk, but I wanted to get everything going before moving the disk...

Thanks! :)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
daath
Novice

Never mind. I must be tired. I uninstalled the Optane software and re-installed the Intel RST v17.0.1.1075 and tried again, this time I actually read the "error" on that latest version and it says: "Your system appears to be Intel Optane memory ready and Intel Optane memory module is present, but no compatible disks to accelerate were detected in your computer. Please install a compatible disk.".

Now I feel stupid. I guess it works, when I eventually attach my HDD :)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daath
Novice

By the way, I tried using the latest RST as well as uninstalling that and installing using SetupOptanememory.exe ...

0 Kudos
daath
Novice

Never mind. I must be tired. I uninstalled the Optane software and re-installed the Intel RST v17.0.1.1075 and tried again, this time I actually read the "error" on that latest version and it says: "Your system appears to be Intel Optane memory ready and Intel Optane memory module is present, but no compatible disks to accelerate were detected in your computer. Please install a compatible disk.".

Now I feel stupid. I guess it works, when I eventually attach my HDD :)

0 Kudos
YH18
Employee

Did u have to make any specific BIOS changes to enable the motherboard to identify the Optane memory?

0 Kudos