Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Ankündigungen
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1361 Diskussionen

can not enable Optane as list is blank

JPeir
Einsteiger
3.265Aufrufe

CPU: i7-7800X

MB: ASUS TUF X299 MARK 1

I had Optane working, upgraded hard disk and could not get it to work again.

I think i did not follow correct procedures

New hard drive installed with Windows 10 64 bit.

In Bios, Sata is set to raid and M.2 is enabled, CSM is disabled.

in advance I can see Optane memory and it gives me the option when clicked on to setup a Raid.

In Intel Rapid Storage Technology I can see Optane memory in the storage system view to the right.

when I try and enable Optane the drop down list does not show any memory

Intel Rapid Storage Technology does give me the option to use the optane as a SSD Acceleration

and it does allow me to choose the PCIe SSD Optane memory.

what am I doing wrong, tried to uninstall IRST program but was unable to as it keeps say that my Sata port 5/6 are being used so disconnect all drives apart from OS hard drive still unable to uninstall IRST.

So at the moment i am stuck.

0 Kudos
1 Lösung
idata
Mitarbeiter
2.277Aufrufe

Hi Nitromax,

We understand that you can not enable the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

It seems that this could be related to a link sharing issue. Could you please unplug all the drives you have connected and try only the boot drive plugged in? Please make sure that the SATA ports 5/6 are empty.

Please let us know if that worked.

Regards,

Junior M.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
idata
Mitarbeiter
2.278Aufrufe

Hi Nitromax,

We understand that you can not enable the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

It seems that this could be related to a link sharing issue. Could you please unplug all the drives you have connected and try only the boot drive plugged in? Please make sure that the SATA ports 5/6 are empty.

Please let us know if that worked.

Regards,

Junior M.
JPeir
Einsteiger
2.277Aufrufe

Hello Junior.

Thank you for your reply,

I did try that before without any success, so gave it one more try, it did not work unfortunately, then when I went into my computer, I saw my optical drive was still connected, which I did not disconnect when I tried previously.

It must have been connected to port 5/6, after disconnecting it and rebooting PC, the Optane memory was listed in the drop down list.

All working now.

Many thanks for your help

JPeir
Einsteiger
2.277Aufrufe

Hello Junior.

Thank you for your reply,

I did try that before without any success, so gave it one more try, it did not work unfortunately, then when I went into my computer, I saw my optical drive was still connected, which I did not disconnect when I tried previously.

It must have been connected to port 5/6, after disconnecting it and rebooting PC, the Optane memory was listed in the drop down list.

All working now.

Many thanks for your help

idata
Mitarbeiter
2.277Aufrufe

Hi Nitromax,

We are glad to hear that your system is now accelerated with the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Junior M.
Antworten