Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
431 Discussions

Intel Performance Evaluation and Analysis Kit (IPEAK): Storage Performance Toolkit

NKali4
Beginner

Hello, everyone!

Does anybody have IPEAK 5.2.1 or newer? Badly needed for SSD (w/ SLC-cache) performance benckmarks. PcMark 8 is not an option with its relatively huge time gaps resuliting in SLC-cache flushing to TLC/QLC-stack.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I cannot find any download, but there is a very nice press release from 1998:

https://newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/intel-announces-three-new-ipeak-tools/ Intel Announces Three New IPEAK Tools | Intel Newsroom

Doc

0 Kudos
NKali4
Beginner

Encountered it too, thanks

It's discontinued software, but actual though. Leading hardware reviewers (TomsHardware, PcPer, AnandTech) still use it.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Last I could see, it was discontinued in 2007. Interesting that the leading reviewers you mentioned still use.

Hardly seems like it would be fully functional on a modern OS.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I saw that in my search.

I did find this: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/intel-ipeak-storagetesting-kit/ Download Intel IPEAK StorageTesting Kit | TechPowerUp

Now, I do not support this kind of stuff. My constant message is that if it is not available on the manufacturer website, there must be a reason.

So, you are on your own and the link is provided for your convenience.

All standard disclaimers apply.

Doc

0 Kudos
NKali4
Beginner

Thanks, but its version is 3.0 and it cannot be run under Windows 7 already, unfortunatelly

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Muaddib,

Thank for posting in the Intel communities.

I can see that your original concern was already clarified.

I'm just wondering if there is anything else we can help you with. If so, feel free to post it here. We'll be more than happy to assist you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
NKali4
Beginner

Hi, Diego!

It'd be very kind of you to ask your colleagues for the latest build of IPEAK and post download link to it here.

I've asked TomsHardware for it, but they don't want to share it.

I don't understand, why it's not possible to hand it over just as it is with no warranties and support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Muaddib,

Unfortunately as you already know, IPEAK has been discontinued since a while ago. This means that it's not longer available for download.

I understand that you are looking for the latest build to use it even though there is no current support for it, but as it's an older product the download, support or any information about it is not longer available. This happens not only with IPEAK but with any other product that is discontinued.

Having said this, I've been trying to find information about possible alternatives for you, but the only relevant information I could find was the one mentioned here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/276483-32-intel-performance-evaluation-analysis-ipeak. This is a thread in the Tom's Hardware* forum that you may have seen already.

In addition to the alternatives mentioned there, I found in other sites that the users usually use IOmeter as an alternative as well: https://hardforum.com/threads/intel-ipeak-alternative-or-some-way-to-determine-application-queue-depth.1859572/

I know you prefer using IPEAK but considering that it's no longer available, I hope you find the information above helpful.

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Muaddib,

I was just wondering if there is anything else I can help you with.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
NKali4
Beginner

Hi, Diego!

No, thank you. I'll use hIOmon instead then.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the response Nick.

If you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to post them in a new thread. We'll be more than glad to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos