Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Can't add IP to my project

MDARG
Beginner

Every time I try to add IP from the IP catalog to my project I just see the 'IP Parameter Editor' text popping up for 1sec but the editor doesn't appear. Tried it many times with different IPs.

Anybody here who has the same issue?

Quartus Prime Pro 18.1

Platform: Windows

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

It may happen due to global environment variable pointed to different version installed on machine.

Generally whenever quartus launches, it will override the 'QUARTUS_ROOTDIR' environment, but not the 'QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE' one, which need to be manually changed if a different version of quartus is assigned.

Check the below solution too,

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd08132014_149.html

Regards,

Vikas Jathar

0 Kudos
MDARG
Beginner

Thanks for the response,

after setting the 'QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE' variable to the same as set in 'QUARTUS_ROOTDIR' I still have the same issue. '_JAVA_OPTIONS' variable was never set in my system.

Unfortunately this does not solve the problem. If it helps I got the same issue when opening the Platform Designer.

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

• Can you please check the behavior with different quartus edition/version on same machine
  • Uninstall the Quartus Prime Pro 18.1 & reinstall by turning off the antivirus.
  • Have you face any issue like operating system update etc?

Regards,

Vikas Jathar

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Hi,

Make sure you do not have spacing on the directory of your quartus project. Suggest direct place you project directory in c: with a folder without spacing.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Try installing the latest Java on your machine (https://www.java.com/en/download/). These tools make use of Java and I've seen this behavior if there's an issue with the Java installation.

0 Kudos