Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Compile error whilel using Quartus Prime

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am getting the following compile errors while compiling a project in quartus prime, as follows: 

Error (275029): Incorrect connector style at port "dataa[7..0]" for symbol "inst" of type mult 

Error (275029): Incorrect connector style at port "datab[7..0]" for symbol "inst" of type mult 

Error (12153): Can't elaborate top-level user hierarchy 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15391&stc=1 I tried changing to bus line, but it dint work. I also tried using a diagonal bus tool while drawing. That dint work either. 

Please help.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You've got a single bit wire connecting from the datab input to what looks like the clock input on the ram instance. There's also a wire shorting between the clock and dataa inputs of mult. 

They're on the left edge of the mult instance so they are hard to see.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks sstrell. I will try it out and see.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I corrected the design entry. I am finally seeing the following errors, which I have been unable to get rid of: 

1. Incorrect connector style at port "dtaa[7..0]" for symbol "inst" of type mult 

2. Can't elaborate top-level user hierarchy 

Please help.:(. Modified schematic attached.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

You can take a look at the attached project, I've created a almost identical design setup and have got it to compile successfully. The device used is different , while the LPM blocks used are almost the same with minor variations. You can use this as a reference.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You still have multiple shorts. Delete all the wires until you don't see any crosses or rounds and reconnect everything.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You still have multiple shorts. Delete all the wires until you don't see any crosses or rounds and reconnect everything. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you Daixiewen. I tried doing that but a round still appears. I used a diagonal bus line to go from the first data(0..7) of mult to input vcc by clicking on one end and dragging till it meets the other end. A dot then appears. How do I get rid of it or draw so that it doesnt appear? Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Delete and re-add components or drag components away from the shorts and delete them. Or drag a selection around the shorts to highlight them and delete.

0 Kudos