Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15311 Discussions

Compile error whilel using Quartus Prime

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I am getting the following compile errors while compiling a project in quartus prime, as follows: 

Error (275029): Incorrect connector style at port "dataa[7..0]" for symbol "inst" of type mult 

Error (275029): Incorrect connector style at port "datab[7..0]" for symbol "inst" of type mult 

Error (12153): Can't elaborate top-level user hierarchy 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15391&stc=1 I tried changing to bus line, but it dint work. I also tried using a diagonal bus tool while drawing. That dint work either. 

Please help.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

You've got a single bit wire connecting from the datab input to what looks like the clock input on the ram instance. There's also a wire shorting between the clock and dataa inputs of mult. 

They're on the left edge of the mult instance so they are hard to see.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Thanks sstrell. I will try it out and see.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, I corrected the design entry. I am finally seeing the following errors, which I have been unable to get rid of: 

1. Incorrect connector style at port "dtaa[7..0]" for symbol "inst" of type mult 

2. Can't elaborate top-level user hierarchy 

Please help.:(. Modified schematic attached.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

You can take a look at the attached project, I've created a almost identical design setup and have got it to compile successfully. The device used is different , while the LPM blocks used are almost the same with minor variations. You can use this as a reference.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

You still have multiple shorts. Delete all the wires until you don't see any crosses or rounds and reconnect everything.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

You still have multiple shorts. Delete all the wires until you don't see any crosses or rounds and reconnect everything. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you Daixiewen. I tried doing that but a round still appears. I used a diagonal bus line to go from the first data(0..7) of mult to input vcc by clicking on one end and dragging till it meets the other end. A dot then appears. How do I get rid of it or draw so that it doesnt appear? Thanks in advance!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Delete and re-add components or drag components away from the shorts and delete them. Or drag a selection around the shorts to highlight them and delete.