Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Development support for Stratix II and IV devices

GCarter
Beginner

I'm putting together a development system to support a current product that uses these devices, and will still need design support: EP2SGX60DF780I4 and EP4SGX180KF40I4.

The questions are:
What version of Quartus II software do we need to make design changes,
what JTAG programmer should we buy, and
I need a quote for the Quartus II subscription license we would need to buy, and how to buy it, i.e., through Intel or 3rd party.

Thanks for your help,

Greg Carter

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Well, you can go here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/collections/products/fpga/software/downloads.html?edition=lite&platform=windows&s=Newest

to the FPGA download page.

Then in the lower left column, select the device family you want (ie, Stratix II or IV), and it will filter Quartus versions that apply.

So for Stratix II, Quartus Subscription 13.0sp1 is the only supported version.

For Stratix IV, the above version will also work, as well as the most recent Quartus Standard 21.1 version.

As to programmers, I like the Terasic USB Blaster. There is also the Terasic USB Blaster II that supports high speed operation for more $$.
Go to www.terasic.com and look under 'products' and 'usb blaster cable'.

0 Kudos
GCarter
Beginner

Thank you for the information.  Do you know if I need to buy a license for the Quartus 13.0sp1?

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Yes, I believe so. The website indicated only the subscription (ie, paid) version of 13.0sp1 supports Stratix. Not the free web version.

0 Kudos