Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Edit IP Catalog IP and saving to different name

WShep1
New Contributor II

Is there a way to edit an existing IP Catalog IP item, change it, and then save it off as a different named IP item?  I am using Quartus Lite 20.1.1.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
22 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That advice was incorrect.  The Tools menu -> IP Catalog command is to simply reopen the IP Catalog if you close it.  I think there was a misunderstanding there about what you wanted to do.  If IP Catalog is already visible, this doesn't do anything.

As I mentioned, you can use presets to save IP configurations and give them new names when you need them.

Other than that, you could probably take the HDL code (and .qip file if applicable) and manually edit it with different names if you needed to.  Trickier to do though.

If you open a .ip file (for an IP Parameter Editor created IP) or HDL file (for a Megawizard created IP) and the "Open as" setting in the Open File dialog is set to Auto, it will reopen the appropriate parameter editor tool.  With the IP Parameter Editor, you can do a Save As.  I don't recall if a similar option is available for the Megawizard (I use Pro most of the time so the Megawizard doesn't exist there).

I'm not sure if that helps.

0 Kudos
WShep1
New Contributor II

Thank you for all your assistance.  I think that I now understand this issue and I appreciate all of your perserverance with my lack of understanding.  You may now close this SR.  I don't think that there is anything else to learn about this subject.

Bill

0 Kudos