Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Elaboration error in Merlin router

jdoherty
Beginner

Hello,

I am having an issue with elaborating generated files from a Platform Designer project. I inherited a CPU project and needed to add interfaces to it so I could connect it to other Avalon bus designs in my  project. I intended to add three Avalon MM Slave Translators which are in the picture below as application_interface, dai, and ddi. 

jdoherty_1-1597679163899.png

However, anytime I add a new module to this project, generate HDL, and try to run Analysis & Synthesis I get the following error messages:

Info (12128): Elaborating entity "cpu_altera_merlin_router_181_wpeblfi" for hierarchy "gvrd:gvrd_0|cpu:CPU_INST|cpu_altera_mm_interconnect_181_nbk4cfi:mm_interconnect_0|cpu_altera_merlin_router_181_wpeblfi:router" File: /home/jdoher     ty/ddm/exe_rh_icb_fw/hdl/lib_euresys_ip/gvrd-a10gx-tpg-fb_fifo/cpu/cpu/altera_mm_interconnect_181/synth/cpu_altera_mm_interconnect_181_nbk4cfi.v Line: 2552

Error (10232): Verilog HDL error at cpu_altera_merlin_router_181_wpeblfi.sv(208): index 32 cannot fall outside the declared range [31:0] for vector "address" File: /home/jdoherty/ddm/exe_rh_icb_fw/hdl/lib_euresys_ip/gvrd-a10gx-tpg-f     b_fifo/cpu/cpu/altera_merlin_router_181/synth/cpu_altera_merlin_router_181_wpeblfi.sv Line: 208

Error (12152): Can't elaborate user hierarchy "gvrd:gvrd_0|cpu:CPU_INST|cpu_altera_mm_interconnect_181_nbk4cfi:mm_interconnect_0|cpu_altera_merlin_router_181_wpeblfi:router" File: /home/jdoherty/ddm/exe_rh_icb_fw/hdl/lib_euresys_ip/     gvrd-a10gx-tpg-fb_fifo/cpu/cpu/altera_mm_interconnect_181/synth/cpu_altera_mm_interconnect_181_nbk4cfi.v Line: 2552

If I remove the added interfaces and rebuild it once again passes elaboration.

I am using Quartus Prime Version 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Standard Edition which is a requirement for my project. 

Has anyone seen this error before and is there any way to work around it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NG
Partner
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Joseph,

I found a KDB related to your issue, might have to see it

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd05272012_45.html

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
jdoherty
Beginner

Hi,

I've tried moving one of the slaves up to 0x7800_0000-0x7803_ffff but that didn't seem to work. I also grouped all of the new slave interfaces into one and gave that a larger address width which also didn't work. 

0 Kudos
NG
Partner
0 Kudos
jdoherty
Beginner

Thank you, that did compile. 

Any idea why there is a difference between the External bus Bridge and the Slave Translator?

0 Kudos