Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Error (281042)

Suhas_P_Intel
Employee

I'm building a design that works with 18.0 by downloading it to my setup. However, when I try to build it, I get the following error. Is there any way to disable IP version check?

Error (281042): You must upgrade the IP component instantiated in file /<local_path>/p1b.ip to the latest version of the IP component.

I'm getting the same error for pll2.ip and clkbuf.ip

​Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndyN
New Contributor I

Is there some reason you don't want to upgrade/rebuild the IP? Which version of Quartus did you use to create the IP in the first place?

0 Kudos
Suhas_P_Intel
Employee

No particular reason, just want to baseline it first.  It was created using the same version (18.0).

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

1. Open 'Platform Designer' from 'Tools' option & simply generate the pll2.ip and clkbuf.ip again.
  2. Are you able to to edit pll2.ip and clkbuf.ip from IP components?
  3. provide screen shot of Error/ log window
  4. which quartus edition are you using?

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
Suhas_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Vikas,

Thank you outlining all the steps to upgrade the IP.

What is confusing to me is that why upgrade is needed if we are both using Quartus Prime 18.0 version  As suggested by you, the Quartus tool gives the following reason for migration:

Device Family targeted by IP variant incompatible with project Device Family. IP variant will be migrated to the project device family when performing automatic upgrade.

From p1b.ip

<spirit:parameter>

<spirit:name>device_family</spirit:name>

<spirit:displayName>device_family</spirit:displayName>

<spirit:value spirit:format="string" spirit:id="device_family">Arria 10</spirit:value>

</spirit:parameter>

I still tried to upgrade the IP but got the following errors for all three IPs but shown only for p1b.ip

Info (11902): Backing up file "p1b.ip" to "p1b.BAK.ip"

Info (11837): Started upgrading IP component QsysPrimePro with file "p1b.ip"

Error: 2018.10.22.10:07:51 Error: Error opening system.

Info (11904): Restoring file "p1b.BAK.ip" to "p1b.ip"

Error (14923): Error upgrading Platform Designer file "p1b.ip"

I checked permissions and they look okay (RW) to me.

Suhas

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Check the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/fb200763.html

You may need to delete those IP and create new instances of the same IP again to resolve this issue. Although the issue with an older version of Quartus, the solution provided may work for you.

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Suhas,

Please note,

1. Take backup before deleting those IPs
  2. provide your Quartus edition & used device name.
  3. check above solution too

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
Suhas_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Vikas,

The IPs were generated by 3rd party using the  pro version:

/tmp > quartus_sh --version

Quartus Prime Shell

Version 18.0.0 Build 219 04/25/2018 SJ Pro Edition

While I was using standard version

/tmp > quartus_sh --version

Quartus Prime Shell

Version 18.0.0 Build 614 04/24/2018 SJ Standard Edition

Once I switched back to the pro version, I didn't have to upgrade the IPs and the issue was resolved.

I didn't think it would matter what edition of the tool was used as long as they were of the same version.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You would think that, but Standard projects must be converted to work in Pro, and Pro projects cannot be used in Standard. The version doesn't matter. Arria 10 is the only device family where this is an issue because it's the only one supported in both Standard and Pro.

0 Kudos