Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Error when launching Waveform Editor in the Quartus application

serj053
Beginner

An error appears when launching Waveform Editor.

" Info: Processing started: Fri Oct 08 19:50:49 2021
Info: Command: quartus_eda --gen_testbench --tool=modelsim_oem --format=verilog --write_settings_files=off try -c try --vector_source=D:/intelFPGA_lite/Projects/test/Waveform.vwf --testbench_file=D:/intelFPGA_lite/Projects/test/simulation/qsim/Waveform.vwf.vt
Warning (18236): Number of processors has not been specified which may cause overloading on shared machines. Set the global assignment NUM_PARALLEL_PROCESSORS in your QSF to an appropriate value for best performance.
Error (199014): Vector source file D:/intelFPGA_lite/Projects/test/Waveform.vwf specified with --testbench_vector_input_file option does not exist
Error: Quartus Prime EDA Netlist Writer was unsuccessful. 1 error, 1 warning
Error: Peak virtual memory: 4600 megabytes
Error: Processing ended: Fri Oct 08 19:50:50 2021
Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:01
Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:00

Error. "

Please tell me how to fix it..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

As the error states, do you have the .vwf file in question?

0 Kudos
serj053
Beginner

Yes of course, please look in the attached file.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @serj053 

Please check that the Waveform.vwf is added in the project. 

And the naming must be matched. 

I do not see any attached file though.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
serj053
Beginner

I apologize that I could not respond earlier, the issue was not resolved, I am sending the file again (apparently I did something wrong last time).
Sincerely Sergey.

0 Kudos