Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

FIFO configuration and Read

m_kumar
New Contributor I

Hi.

Can anyone help me how to configure the fifo in max10 for below requirement.

So i'm getting stream of rgb pixel data in single channel one by one each having 12 bit width and 300 depth. i want to write the rgb data into separate FIFO and while reading from FIFO i want to read rgb parallel to convert 12 bit data to 10 bit and make it 32 bit rgb data. can i get any help for this.

i studied max10  memory FIFO ip settings user guide but not getting how to do this. 

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

You can use DCFIFO_MIXED_WIDTHS, but the FIFO width ratio is restricted by the type of RAM block (MAX10 M9k), and in general, are in the power of 2.

Reference: http://www.hlam.ece.ufl.edu/EEL4712/LectureNotes/MAX10-EmbeddedMemory.pdf#page=53

m_kumar
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
m_kumar
New Contributor I

Due to small  variations in health i'm not in office once done with the task i will  update result sir.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

How are you doing? Do you able to get any result from the latest reply? 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Best Regards,

Shyan Yew

0 Kudos
m_kumar
New Contributor I

Sorry for that . It will  not repeat again. I am done with task. simultaneously i posted 2 questions in forum. i given reply to another post that why mistake is happened. 

Thanks  

0 Kudos