Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16689 Discussions

Failed to initialize licensing environment. License environment not set correctly.

shughes
Beginner

I am having an issue setting up the Questa Intel FPGA sim license for my Quartus Prime Lite 23.1 installation.  I have installed my license per the Intel instructions, but I get the following error message in VWF sim:

shughes_0-1716391718531.png

License setup is pointing to the correct location of my license .dat file.  In EDA tools options, Questa Intel FPGA is pointing to c:/intelfpga_lite/23.1std/questa_fse/win64.  I'm not sure what to try next.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Make sure LM_LICENSE_FILE in your environmental variables is pointing to the .dat.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Make sure LM_LICENSE_FILE in your environmental variables is pointing to the .dat.

shughes
Beginner

Thank you @sstrell, I thought I had done that, but I had not set the environmental variable correctly.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

You could also refer here to Set Up the Simulation Environment

Details refer.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/oneapi/programming-guide/2023-0/set-up-the-simulation-environment.html

Hope everything is working well at your side. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos